Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please think BEFORE you post
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
Please think of the few rules we have here before posting. There has been an uptick of posts that require immediate admin action of late. No one likes that. Not the users that read it, not the admin that gets stuck doing it, and not the user that wakes up to find they have been put in Time Out for a while.

This has been a hell of a year.
Raging fires.
Raging illness.
Quarantine.
Protests and Riots.
And now an election that is very divisive.

We get it, folks are stressed and this forum can be an outlet for that stress. Burning off stress is fine so long as we keep it polite and keep it PG in the common areas.

Before you post please remember that we only have a few rules here:

Do not post politics.
Do not post religion.
Do not be a dick to other members.

Thanks,
Zach (one of the Admins)
StarBear
agree.gif
Frankvw
agree.gif
thanks for the reminder. In these times it is wise to send reminders.....
Rusty
Thanks, Zach.

And if anyone thinks it's okay to threaten another member here, please log out and don't come back.
ValcoOscar
1,000% agree.gif

Oscar

porsche914rick
agree.gif

piratenanner.gif smash.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif
horizontally-opposed
agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

Thanks, Zach—and everyone else running this site—for all you do. And yes, I do come here for a dose of "sanity."

Steve
agree.gif
The admins do an awesome job. Thanks for the reminder, so hopefully there is less cleanup for you to do.
Everyone stay safe and sane during these “very” trying times!!
pt_700
i read and watch a lot of news. sometimes i think it's getting to be too much and i should completely disconnect...

i'm glad this place is consistently a refuge.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(pt_700 @ Sep 30 2020, 01:19 PM) *

i'm glad this place is consistently a refuge.

We try really hard to keep the world's crazy outside of here. We have our own, custom brand of crazy and we don't like it messed with.

screwy.gif
simonjb
Fully Agree
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 30 2020, 11:17 AM) *

The admins do an awesome job. Thanks for the reminder, so hopefully there is less cleanup for you to do.

They sure do, but I wonder if all of us can help with that? It's a question for @SirAndy , but I wonder about adding a "flag this post" button?
MM1
Agreed . . .as I am (thankfully) working remotely in a house filled with remotely-schooled girls bickering all day, let me say. . .Ladies and Gentlemen, this is my only refuge for peace, learning, dreams and the sounds of 914's . . .thank you, moderators and fellow 'Teeners . . .let's continue - despite these trying times - to preserve, promote, enjoy and protect the best automotive forum on Earth.

flag.gif

lierofox
So we can't post politics, religion or be a dick to other members?

Well shoot what do we talk about now...

...anybody here like cars?
SteveL
Thanks for the reminder Zach. This is the one place I can come to escape all the crap you listed.
BuddyV
aktion035.gif
ndfrigi
100% agree. Thanks again to all admin especially to @sirandy!
mgp4591
Absolutely...
We're heading to see 3 of my girls next month and we're all passionate about current affairs. I sent a message to all of them yesterday about the fact that we arrive the day after the election and that our time together was strictly for family, no more, no less.
We see each other once a year or so, so my time with them is special. Our time on this site is special too because it also counts as a passion. Let's put our energies into fun and somewhat meaningful pursuits. Thanks to admin for creating this collection of experiences and ideas for our benefit!
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(MM1 @ Sep 30 2020, 02:48 PM) *

Agreed . . .as I am (thankfully) working remotely in a house filled with remotely-schooled girls bickering all day, let me say. . .

Same boat except for my kids are an 8 and 12 year old boys. With scouts for both and my eldest volunteering at a food pantry, and trying to get exercise in... the days are heavily regimented and the whole thing is stressful.

Zach
PanelBilly
Julie and I are working on giving up the gossip news. It’s not easy. Every where we go somebody wants to tells us all about it. This site is one place I can go to and play with cars and I appreciate your work to keep it that way.
slowrodent
Excellent reminder post from admin.
I'm fairly new here, and I loved it. Succinct and to the point.

Amen
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(slowrodent @ Oct 1 2020, 12:43 PM) *

Excellent reminder post from admin.
I'm fairly new here, and I loved it. Succinct and to the point.

Amen

welcome.png

We are all friends here. Let's not let outside stromberg.gif make us enemies.

Clay
maf914
Zach,

I am with you. Thanks to you and all of the admins for keeping the site in order and running smoothly. What a great resource for 914 owners. Thanks again.
porschetub
Great replies to this thread and agree.gif 110%,best forum I've ever been on and lets keep it this way besides the dicks know who they are and sort of fit in in a kinda strange way confused24.gif confused24.gif .
rhodyguy
splat.gif
mbseto
Agree with all the above, thanks admins!
ben*james
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Oct 1 2020, 05:15 AM) *

Agreed . . .as I am (thankfully) working remotely in a house filled with remotely-schooled girls bickering all day, let me say. . .

Same boat except for my kids are an 8 and 12 year old boys. With scouts for both and my eldest volunteering at a food pantry, and trying to get exercise in... the days are heavily regimented and the whole thing is stressful.

Zach

Oh man, I’m in that boat. 10, 10, and 8. All boys, scouts, tkd, stressful as can be right now with distance learning. Great, I get to run a business and be a teacher. Ugh!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(ben*james @ Oct 2 2020, 10:27 AM) *

QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Oct 1 2020, 05:15 AM) *

Zach

Oh man, I’m in that boat. 10, 10, and 8. All boys, scouts, tkd, stressful as can be right now with distance learning. Great, I get to run a business and be a teacher. Ugh!

I did it for several years, we homeschooled our kids.
fiacra
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Sep 30 2020, 06:48 AM) *

Please think of the few rules we have here before posting. There has been an uptick of posts that require immediate admin action of late. No one likes that. Not the users that read it, not the admin that gets stuck doing it, and not the user that wakes up to find they have been put in Time Out for a while.

This has been a hell of a year.
Raging fires.
Raging illness.
Quarantine.
Protests and Riots.
And now an election that is very divisive.

We get it, folks are stressed and this forum can be an outlet for that stress. Burning off stress is fine so long as we keep it polite and keep it PG in the common areas.

Before you post please remember that we only have a few rules here:

Do not post politics.
Do not post religion.
Do not be a dick to other members.

Thanks,
Zach (one of the Admins)

Thank you to all of you who make this site what it is. I've really learned a lot and met more than a few good people. I appreciate the opportunity to be part of this community, and I appreciate the reminder to adhere to a standard of behavior that makes us all feel welcome. This should fall under the admonition to not "be a dick" to other members, but I think it needs to be called out specifically -- no sexism/misogyny. There are very few women in this hobby and I would love to see us be more welcoming and inclusive. The pictures we post, the things we say, the jokes we make, they all can contribute to creating a hostile atmosphere for women and I hope the World can become an example of a community where women feel welcome and not denigrated or objectified.
914_teener
Zack.....I comend you.

It's a tough job but you do it well.

I'm sure you know what that means......it was funny.
brcacti

Thank you to all of you who make this site what it is. I've really learned a lot and met more than a few good people. I appreciate the opportunity to be part of this community, and I appreciate the reminder to adhere to a standard of behavior that makes us all feel welcome. This should fall under the admonition to not "be a dick" to other members, but I think it needs to be called out specifically -- no sexism/misogyny. There are very few women in this hobby and I would love to see us be more welcoming and inclusive. The pictures we post, the things we say, the jokes we make, they all can contribute to creating a hostile atmosphere for women and I hope the World can become an example of a community where women feel welcome and not denigrated or objectified.
[/quote]
agree.gif
cpavlenko
uh, yeah... agree.gif
RickS
It’s too bad people have to be reminded but luckily we have such an awesome admin to keep the World the great place it is. Cudos.
911GT2
To be fair, I think that was pretty much the case here already, no?
Jett
Great cars, great people, great forum!
trojanhorsepower
Here here, well said all
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.