Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aluminum Dial Trim Rings for Gauges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
rothaus
Now in stock, Dial rings for 914 Gauges.

carmagic.us

IPB Image

IPB Image

Available for early style gauges
IPB Image

Late style gauges
IPB Image

Thanks
Engelbert

914werke
How do these install? stickum?
rothaus
QUOTE(914werke @ Nov 2 2020, 11:35 AM) *

How do these install? stickum?

The rings for the 3 main gauges holding mechanically, and can be removed if needed. The 3 small rings for the center console will need some silicon glue, which included with the center console ring set.
914werke
QUOTE(rothaus @ Nov 2 2020, 09:31 AM) *
The rings for the 3 main gauges holding mechanically, and can be removed if needed.

Can you elaborate? biggrin.gif Do I pry off & replace or do they snap over my existing OE rings?
rothaus
QUOTE(914werke @ Nov 2 2020, 02:05 PM) *

QUOTE(rothaus @ Nov 2 2020, 09:31 AM) *
The rings for the 3 main gauges holding mechanically, and can be removed if needed.

Can you elaborate? biggrin.gif Do I pry off & replace or do they snap over my existing OE rings?

Here from the instructions:

After removing the new rings from the package, try each ring on the gauge rings for fitment.

At this point they will be loose. Remove the rings and go to next step.

Next: Use a small screw driver to roll the edge of the trim ring slightly so a hook will be created. Do this for all the way around the edge. See picture.

Click to view attachment

Be careful and just do it very light and test fit. If it’s still lose and will not click in, repeat it until the ring clicks in and sits firm.

Thanks
Engelbert

914werke
blink.gif Ok perhaps its me but that is clear as MUD.
Lets try again, Do you remove the OE rings & replace them with these, or do these new rings install over the OE bezels (black painted rings that hold in the glass/plastic) ?
rothaus
QUOTE(914werke @ Nov 3 2020, 10:44 AM) *

blink.gif Ok perhaps its me but that is clear as MUD.
Lets try again, Do you remove the OE rings & replace them with these, or do these new rings install over the OE bezels (black painted rings that hold in the glass/plastic) ?

The trim rings install over the existing dial rings. Nothing has to be removed. The trim rings only cover the face and the inside of the existing dial ring.

Here is a picture of another angle. You should see that the outside of the ring is still black, which is the existing ring.

IPB Image

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Engelbert
914werke
first.gif
914werke
Ok Im back... I have a set of these and find they are REALLY to deep for the Gauges on a 1975 MY?
I compared them to some other gauges I have, & see that they ARE the correct depth for what appears to be earlier gauges.
I had never paid any attention to this detail but apparently 75/76 gauges are different?
Regardless are there a shorter version of these available for these later gauges?
mepstein
These would be great with a set of green faces.
mepstein
QUOTE(914werke @ Dec 8 2020, 05:56 PM) *

Ok Im back... I have a set of these and find they are REALLY to deep for the Gauges on a 1975 MY?
I compared them to some other gauges I have, & see that they ARE the correct depth for what appears to be earlier gauges.
I had never paid any attention to this detail but apparently 75/76 gauges are different?
Regardless are there a shorter version of these available for these later gauges?

He sells 2 sizes.
914werke
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 8 2020, 03:00 PM) *

QUOTE(914werke @ Dec 8 2020, 05:56 PM) *

He sells 2 sizes.

headbang.gif Of course does. biggrin.gif
rothaus
Here again the difference between early and late style main gauges.

This should help to idetify which type of gauges you have in your 914.

The early style have a much deeper ring, just like the 911 gauges. Also they have most likely the silver dot on the needle, as shown in the picture below.

IPB Image

The 914 Late style gauges are not as deep. They do not have the silve dot on the needle.

IPB Image

Thanks
Engelbert
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.