Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: steering wheel wanted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Bruce Hinds
Looking to replace my stock steering wheel - What's out there?
bdstone914
@Bruce Hinds
date='Sep 30 2020, 10:57 AM' post='2855602']
[/quote]
What are you looking for?
Non stock? What year car.
I have stock and aftermarket.
steuspeed
momo prototipo is a great look imo. Get the crest horn button and 350mm size. It's what they spec out on the Singer Porsches. Check ebay.
Bruce Hinds
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Sep 30 2020, 11:55 AM' post='2855622']
@Bruce Hinds
date='Sep 30 2020, 10:57 AM' post='2855602']
[/quote]
What are you looking for?
Non stock? What year car.
I have stock and aftermarket.
[/quote]
Not sure what I want yet, I do like some of the Momos, something smaller and fatter than stock . . . it's a '75. I do have a nice Nardi that we saved from a mercedes years ago, not sure I want the wood and chrome look and I know it's hard to find an adapter for that one.
bdstone914
@Bruce Hinds

I have this Raid wheel i was toying with the idea of putting on my car. I like the look. I can sell it.
bdstone914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 30 2020, 01:05 PM) *

@Bruce Hinds

I have this Raid wheel i was toying with the idea of putting on my car. I like the look. I can sell it.

Has a late hub with it
gereed75
I have a nearly new mono tuner with red lacing. Along with the adapter and Porsche horn button. Right around 13.5” (350mm). Sorry no picture but you can see one on any mono retailer website.

I am traveling for the weekend leaving early tomorrow AM. Let me know if you are interested and we will make a good deal when I get back home.

Really liked it but made a 13.5” butterfly with hockey puck that is a keeper

PS Republic Seabees are way cool
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Sep 30 2020, 07:28 PM) *

I have a nearly new mono tuner with red lacing. Along with the adapter and Porsche horn button. Right around 13.5” (350mm). Sorry no picture but you can see one on any mono retailer website.

I am traveling for the weekend leaving early tomorrow AM. Let me know if you are interested and we will make a good deal when I get back home.

Really liked it but made a 13.5” butterfly with hockey puck that is a keeper

PS Republic Seabees are way cool

Could be interested for sure. I looked on the net - I saw what appear as some different looks. Get in touch when you get back, I"m in no hurry.

Seabees are way cool, had mine for 20 years, poor teener has been neglected. If you want, we can do email, might be easier to swap photos. Use Brewster@wavecable.com.
Stingbee
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Sep 30 2020, 10:57 AM) *

I've got a decent 13 1/2" leather wheel to sell...$150 + shipping

Click to view attachment

SOLD
Stingbee
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Sep 30 2020, 10:57 AM) *

Another pic....Click to view attachment
gereed75
If still interested I have a few pics of the momo tuner that I have includes a Porsche horn button and the hub adapter with horn switch let me know we can work a price
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Oct 16 2020, 07:21 AM) *

If still interested I have a few pics of the momo tuner that I have includes a Porsche horn button and the hub adapter with horn switch let me know we can work a price

PM sent
gereed75
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Oct 16 2020, 11:56 AM) *

PM sent

Hope these attached. Trying on iPhone.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Sorry for delays. Still traveling with a family emergency.
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Oct 19 2020, 07:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Oct 16 2020, 11:56 AM) *

PM sent

Hope these attached. Trying on iPhone.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Sorry for delays. Still traveling with a family emergency.

Nice wheel, looks like the hub is pretty short, will that clear the turn signal?

No hurry on getting back to me - i'm in no hurry the car won't be on the road for monts yet. Besides, Family first. Hope all goes well.
gereed75
Actually with the wheel being almost flat (very little dish) it is further than stock from the switch stalks. I was contemplating cutting the steel hub coupler , shortening it about 1” and re-welding. The hub cover is sort of a rubber accordian and could also be shortened to fit.

Click to view attachment

This is the wheel I made to replace it. - not for sale! Also 350mm
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Oct 20 2020, 12:35 PM) *

Actually with the wheel being almost flat (very little dish) it is further than stock from the switch stalks. I was contemplating cutting the steel hub coupler , shortening it about 1” and re-welding. The hub cover is sort of a rubber accordian and could also be shortened to fit.

Click to view attachment

This is the wheel I made to replace it. - not for sale! Also 350mm

Nice - actually distance from the stalks is good. My big hands always got in the wat during auto cross. You'd see me coming with the wipers going.

My wife has a nice Nardi from a mercedes she had. She'd like me to put that one in there. Not sure if I can get a hub for it, probably different than the benz.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.