Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's Best Choice For Carbs These Days?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
Newly built 2366 with rebuilt 901 trans is in the car. Header connected. I'm still using my old carbs and engine is starting but running really rough. Not sure what jets aI should be running with this bigger engine. Carbs were acting up on the old engine as well and i am not sure if they are bad, repairable, etc.

Rather than try to rebuild these carbs again (would be the third time with marginal results), what is available new?

Currently have dual Weber 40IDFs

I see some chinese knockoffs out there...are they really bad? What's the go to right now?
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Sep 30 2020, 04:00 PM) *

Newly built 2366 with rebuilt 901 trans is in the car. Header connected. I'm still using my old carbs and engine is starting but running really rough. Not sure what jets aI should be running with this bigger engine. Carbs were acting up on the old engine as well and i am not sure if they are bad, repairable, etc.

Rather than try to rebuild these carbs again (would be the third time with marginal results), what is available new?

Currently have dual Weber 40IDFs

I see some chinese knockoffs out there...are they really bad? What's the go to right now?

Gary-

idea.gif

I have a set of freshly rebuilt 44's in 90621

$275 PICK UP

Oscar

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
ndfrigi
Wow what a very good offer again by @ValcoOscar!
7TPorsh
that is a good deal. PM sent
wes
No way you could beat that amazing deal! I believe Oscar is really the off season Santa.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Sep 30 2020, 07:58 PM) *

that is a good deal. PM sent

Besides a good deal they're 44's, the perfect size for your engine build.
7TPorsh
I totally agree. I'm picking them up Saturday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.