Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Our members and the California fires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cairo94507
Guys,
I just saw this on the Early S site. I know Harvey has done a lot of the wheels for many of our members, including me. He is a great guy and honest as the day is long. He did the wheels on my '71 914-6 and has done others for me as well. I did not hesitate to donate to this Porsche legend. I hope those who can will follow and donate too.

Cheers,
Michael

From the Early S site:

I got word yesterday from Harvey that his home is a total loss, as well as the loss of the neighboring homes of his brother Al, and his brother-in-law…

In the almost 20 years I’ve known Harvey he has never asked for anything he hasn’t earned…

Through the years of being one of the most respected and generous members in our community we know he has earned our help, and more…

We have set up here a link to a GoFundMe site for Harvey and Sue Weidman and the Weidman Wheel Family…. Please give what you can….

https://www.gofundme.com/f/harvey-and-sue-w...cf+share-flow-1

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Went to you link and got this message...
horizontally-opposed
https://www.gofundme.com/f/harvey-and-sue-w...cf+share-flow-1

Michael, thank you for posting here—I will second what is said and add this: Rarely have I seen anyone share more of his hard-won knowledge with the community, or so consistently turn out beautiful work. I've had three sets of wheels redone over the years by Harvey and his team, but far more importantly have been blessed to get to know him, Sue, and Al at many events over the years...
bdstone914
So sad for those great people. I see they already have 35K raised.
jim_hoyland
OK, got it to work. I put “Harvey” in the search box and his GfM came up.
Harvey gave me a spirited ride at the Tahoe WCR over the pass.
ConeDodger
I found out today that Harvey and Sue Weidman, And Al Weidman his brother as well as their brother-in-law lost their homes in the Bear Fire. You all know Harvey and Al at least by reputation. There is a GoFundMe page. Maybe we can help?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/harvey-and-sue-w...an-wheel-family
Cairo94507
Sorry, don't know how the link got screwed up but it is now fixed. beerchug.gif
wndsrfr
I'm in.
eric9144
Wow, so sad, I can't imagine how they must be feeling seeing their property wiped out like that sad.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Oct 1 2020, 09:41 AM) *

Wow, so sad, I can't imagine how they must be feeling seeing their property wiped out like that sad.gif

There's that, and then there's a lot of people in that part of CA who had their insurance companies cancel their fire insurance. sad.gif
Cairo94507
Tell me about it. My cousin lost 3 homes in Napa. One 3 years ago from a stupid tenant and then just 1 month ago 2 from the Napa fires.

He is worried he may not get what it would cost to replace those homes and their contents. He was one of those guys who was serious about maintaining the clear space around his places but in the end when there is that much fire with that intensity, it consumed everything and left the foundations and fireplaces.
Cairo94507
Just a bumper for a great guy, Porsche owner supporter and enthusiast. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.