Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LE Spoiler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
steuspeed
LE experts chime in. It's very thick fiberglass. I'm wondering if this was part of the personalize your Porsche progam in 1974.

TonyA
I don’t know anything about the personal option thing. I would like to learn more. As far as original to LE. It does not look like the original LE spoiler.
914Sixer
LE factory spoilers have 914 part number on them. Your is not a factory one
914werke
The factory unit is also injection molded vs the one displayed which is laid up
TonyA
What personalize program is he taking about.
steuspeed
@TonyA Some info here on Personal Posche Program

https://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/914LE.htm
steuspeed
@914Sixer @914werke I should have known from the bowlsby article.
TonyA
Thanks I have been studying about the LE for a few years and I own one of each. I either forgot or never remember reading about the personal reference. I read the entire article that you attached, which I have certainly seen before and I thank you very much. So I was thinking that there was a option that you could somehow personalize your car from the factory, which I never heard of. Thanks Again.
914Sixer
You might have been able order the LE spoiler from the factory for 75-76. They are shown in the deluxe sales brochures. Not sure if they if they made it to delivered cars though.
sixnotfour
plastic version sold at dealer ZPW201914
Bowlsby
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 7 2020, 10:11 AM) *

plastic version sold at dealer ZPW201914
Bowlsby

No, thats the aftermarket VPC version. As far as I understand, the factory OEM with the factory PN, and the VPC copy were both available at dealers
davep
I have only ever seen the Factory version. Does anyone have photos of the VPC version, particularly anything showing a part # on it?
sixnotfour
I do and will take some pics
JeffBowlsby
Here are some, only conceptually like the factory part.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 10 2020, 02:46 AM) *

I do and will take some pics

Me too
rgalla9146
VPC Volkswagen Products Company
probably came from a repaired Creamsicle
Johny Blackstain
The genuine article cool_shades.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 6 2020, 04:02 PM) *

You might have been able order the LE spoiler from the factory for 75-76. They are shown in the deluxe sales brochures. Not sure if they if they made it to delivered cars though.

Yes, they did make it on the 75s when new. My next door neighbor, Bob, bought his 75 brand new with the LE spoiler on it.

Clay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.