Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 71 Fiberglass Rear Valence (w/hole) from AutoAtlanta
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxster914
Hi everyone I am very excited to take my Irish (forest) Green 71 currently with ridiculous Monza exhaust back to stock.

Click to view attachment

I have a Dansk muffler on order but I need to sort the valence.

Has anyone had any experience with the AutoAtlanta fiberglass rear valence?

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Fibergl...N-RMIT1412.html

I know the hole is not precut but is it marked on the inside of the piece where to cut the hole? If it is, how do you cut fiberglass? If not, how do you figure out where to cut the hole?

The early valences with the hole are hard to find and very expensive if you can find one so this seems like a good alternative assuming the hole cutting process is not too complex.

As always, any advice is welcome.
douglastic
". . . WITH HOLE (HOLE NOT CUT)"

Everything in the world has a hole . . . just waiting to be cut.

av-943.gif
gms
a hole saw or a reciprocating saw should do the trick.
you could even use a dremel tool
partsman912
I have a factory steel rear valance with hole .
PM me if you are interested.
Mikey914
If your going stock, I can hook you up with the stock location “cut”

$165 just not listed yet. However, if you can get a metal one that’s not beat up for the same price I’d do that.
gms
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 1 2020, 09:47 PM) *

If your going stock, I can hook you up with the stock location “cut”

$165 just not listed yet. However, if you can get a metal one that’s not beat up for the same price I’d do that.

that is not stock 71
VegasRacer
If you cut it yourself you end up with just a hole, without the correct lip. (hopefully the right size / shape / location) barf.gif
I would really try to find a proper one. smilie_pokal.gif (metal is better than fiberglass)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.