Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I missing a part here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
Hello....just doing some maintenance and noticed this doesn't look very Porsche to me....I must be missing a part or a washer or something? Please let me know what I need here to be correct and where to get it....thank you very much!! smile.gif
gg
SirAndy
Yes, there's supposed to be a lock washer that hooks into the hole in the back of the bracket.
smile.gif
Olympic 914
There is a washer with a tab on it that goes in the hole in the back.

Click to view attachment

Guessing Pelican has them.

Damn... You guys are Quick beer.gif
second wind
Thank you and picture please....can't wait to have it be correct and lucky so far that my clutch cable hasn't lost a thread yet as it does go into the cable housing at an angle....thank you and looking forward to yet another improvement on a 47 year old car!
My 2000 Chevy S-10 has been missing the lower radiator fan shroud for the six years that I have had it and the truck would over heat easily and could not turn on air conditioning for more than five minutes without temp skyrocketing....installed the shroud and now leave truck on with air on all the time and temp never goes past halfway....108 here today in Los Angeles....$117 part from dealer...$10 online with $12 shipping....gotta' love the internet....at my door in two days and now relaxing in air conditioned comfort....thank you all for your help.
gg
Craigers17
...I think you're missing the boot as well.
Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
Its nicknamed the "Beer tab", based on the pull tab that used to be found on beer cans.

IPB Image

914Toy
QUOTE(second wind @ Oct 1 2020, 05:10 PM) *

Hello....just doing some maintenance and noticed this doesn't look very Porsche to me....I must be missing a part or a washer or something? Please let me know what I need here to be correct and where to get it....thank you very much!! smile.gif
gg

I think you have not got the correct part of the cable in the bracket “slot”. The part of the cable end that is just left of the slot (in your pic) with two raised rings around it should be in the slot with one ring on each side of the slot.
bkrantz
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 1 2020, 07:13 PM) *

Its nicknamed the "Beer tab", based on the pull tab that used to be found on beer cans.

IPB Image

If you remember that you might remember this.
second wind
Any more "useful" pictures.....not that I don't appreciate the beer can reference....all good.....thank you very much...
gg
Mikey914
We also have the bellows if you need it to only $3
https://914rubber.com/clutch-cable-sealing-sleeve-1-1
second wind
How about a picture of the bellows in action?? I have been sealing up the entire area with plastic and magnets and have mentioned to you to make a suitable part....I think leaving the clutch cable and pulley out in the open is a crime....let's seal it up, eh?
gg
Mikey914
The bellows is to keep crud from getting into that cable sheath. The rollers I made are from Delrin instead of nylon so they are much more durable.
second wind
I just ordered all of the goodies from 914 Rubber to get the clutch cable up to correct standards. We are so lucky to have this resource and get our NLA parts in just a couple of days. I too have tons of parts yet to be installed....restoring a 914 just takes forever and a day, especially when you drive it all of the time and wear everything out. Thank you all for your help.
gg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.