Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good SoCal,Sac and Phx 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Azfields
F/S I am offering this 74 914
I have owned it in phx since 2004. bought from Sacramento .
Car was originally sold in Newport Beach.
Has had the original 1.7 block replaced with a 2.0 and all the bits put back in by Don Jackson enterprises . And remained FI
Eventually bought new heads pistons cam shaft etc and had a guy build a motor for
Auto cross events. He died( RIP) and i was lucky to get all the bits back . ( never did any auto cross)
Competition engineering in Phx built the motor and put it in the car .
Had interior dolled up
Had a paint . And the paint guys lost a lot of bits . Rubber and such . Although it just needs a seal kit . And I have been nibbling one it
Finally the transaxle grinds on 2 and won’t hold 5 . Butt runs nice . I have a spare to put in but have not done it yet .
The single carb needs 2 I am told. It seems to want to breath more.
It’s been a pleasure having her my life. But she needs a 914 geek .
Or should I keep it another 16 years .? I am 53 now 17500 OBO
Azfields
more pics
Coondog
Any 914 coming out of Newport Beach is a friend of mine, all the best to you on selling your car but you need to be more realistic with your price versus the condition of the car. Those are great shops you took your car to in the past but you have lots of rust and drivetrain issues. Just giving you a honest opinion sir, take the first guy who offers you 8 to 10k and be happy.
Azfields
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 2 2020, 09:22 PM) *

Any 914 coming out of Newport Beach is a friend of mine, all the best to you on selling your car but you need to be more realistic with your price versus the condition of the car. Those are great shops you took your car to in the past but you have lots of rust and drivetrain issues. Just giving you a honest opinion sir, take the first guy who offers you 8 to 10k and be happy.

I have 8K in the new motor . A new transaxle waiting .What is the rest of the car worth? . And that is only light surface rust in front and rear boot There is no serios rust on this car But thanks for the heads up
I have put 20k miles in her over 16 years.. i might keep doing it . wink.gif
Tdskip
Keep it and drive it, sounds like your value expectation vs the market may be off.

Hate to say it but people expect the car to run a that you out $8k into the engine is kind of a so what unless it was a special build that was documented.
Tdskip
BTW - that is NOT surface rust on the rear trunk, that panel is going to need to be replaced.
Jett
Love the color, but agree that she needs some work before it will fetch your price. Front trunk looks like it needs to be refreshed to deal with the surface rust. The rear trunk need an RD replacement floor and paint. Given the trunks conditions, I expect that the engine compartment and hell hole require attention. New rubber kit, trans install, fix the rust, and put on original rims, but that’s just me smile.gif. Also looks like one of the tail lights has a hole in it, and the headlight covers are not aligned or too far forward.

All done I expect it would cost us six months of time and close to $20k before we were happy with the car... I have done this four times now, and we love each one smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.