Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel and Crankcase Venting Hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rickso71
I've got six (I think) open 1/2" hose ports on the engine and the two vent hoses from the fuel tank. How can I figure out what hose goes to what port and where I need to route the hoses?
bd1308
1/2 inch==approx 13mm.....2 could be head breather. others i dunno.

mihai914
If we knew what engine it would healp greatly. I suppose it's a 1.7 so here is a diagram for starters.
rickso71
Oops... 1.7L that PO converted to single carburetor (yuck). Still have the FI parts so maybe convert back. Since the FI hardware is not installed, some of the ports in the diagram are not there any more. In general... what's got positive pressure and what's got negative? The blower port is positive and the crankcase/intake ports are negative?
bd1308
yup...

blower=+
intake=-
crankcase=0/+ depends on how worn the engine is.....mine is kinda pressurized but i think i know why dry.gif

here's what i did:
got three lengths of hose and a 1/2 inch T....
connected the head ports to the T built into the engine, and then used the T to connect the pcv system (next to the oil filler)
plumbed it all to the carb and it's set.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.