Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber 44 IDF insulators
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
simonjb
Hi,

So I am installing a set of insulator gaskets to reduce the heat to the carbs and cut back on fuel boiling after a drive. I ordered the kit from partsklassic. Seemed good until I went to instal the gaskets that go either side of the 44 Insulator. The gaskets are smaller than the insulator - 41 - see pics below. I've sent them an email. But in the meantime I've looked for 44 size and most places have a gasket for 40/44 IDF which implies they use the same gasket for 40 or 44. Can this be correct?

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
rhodyguy
If the stud holes work, trim to fit. Not uncommon. How do they fit, Venturi wise, the carb bottoms and intake manifold tops? Sized correctly?
porschetub
They look more like 911 intake gaskets ?,sorry to ask but why don't you use the FI ones that are in every T4 gasket set ? you may need to port match the crappy manifolds around now but not a big deal it took me 30mins per manifold with a die grinder and that included getting rid of casting flashes and a quick tidy up.
Click to view attachment.
Good luck,cheers.
simonjb
These fit between the Manifold and the carbs....Cutting these is a PITA, so I found some weber 44's online...Thanks
rhodyguy
Something like this in between the carbs and the intakes. Stock FI phenolic ones under the intakes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.