Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another electrical question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Speedo
Just about to re-install dash after bare metal respray and I am trying very hard to do things in a logical order. Working under (in front of) the bonnet. Installed the wiper motor assembly and relay plug (ugh). Installed the two sides of the blower mechanism. My four pins came out of the plastic plug that attaches to the back of the blower. It would be a real bummer to get the pins installed incorrectly, as the ONLY way to correct them after the gas tank is re-installed would be to remove the gas tank and everything that goes with it. I have the wiring schematic for the plug, but the "orientation" has me confused. Here is the schematic...
Click to view attachment
Speedo
And here is how I have wired the plug. Can someone please confirm that I have "pinned" this correctly? I REALLY don't want to put the car back together and find out that the wires are incorrect.
Click to view attachment
Speedo
In looking at my own post, I am now thinking thet the grn/white wire needs to be swapped with the white wire...thoughts?
Luke M
Hi Lars,

I just looked at my 6 wiring harness. Wires are not in the same places as mine.
This is what I have.. top left is : solid white , bottom left is : white with a yellow line, top right is white with a green line, right bottom is red with a white line. Having a problem posting a picture but I'll get one up soon.

I will also look at my new Kroon wire harness to see if that's the same as my factory harness.
Speedo
Wow! Thanks Luke, glad I asked. Three of my four wires are wrong! Although I don't see any similarity between your plug and the schematic either? Can anybody verify? blink.gif
barefoot
Sorry, kinda outta focus (Just like me), but here's mine:

Click to view attachment
Luke M
So... I dug out my new Kroon 914-6 wire harness to compare to my factory one.
Looks like the wires are not in the same place on the kroon harness.
Barefoot is your pic for a 914-6 ? Lars has a factory 914-6 that he's working on.
Lars also pm Glenn Stazak. I know he had some issues with a 6 wire harness install where the wiring was all kinds of off.
Speedo
It looks like Barefoot's orientation is the same as the new Kroon harness you have Luke.
I reached out to Glenn and referenced the thread, so we can see what his interpretation is...thanks all!
Speedo
So of the four choices, two are the same...but none of them correspond to the wiring schematic. This plug is going to be buried once installed and I need to get it right the first time.
gerakroo
QUOTE(Speedo @ Oct 9 2020, 03:45 PM) *

So of the four choices, two are the same...but none of them correspond to the wiring schematic. This plug is going to be buried once installed and I need to get it right the first time.

This is the right orientation for the terminals (and identical to 6 original sample harnesses) Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.