Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Master Cylinder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ken Mikos
Installed new Calipers (PMB), Pads, Rotors and Braided Steel Lines and with multiple bleeds and still have somewhat of a sloppy pedal. Going to Replacing the last piece in the braking system, master cylinder.

Which Master Cylinder would you all recommend? I am considering the ATE and 914 Rubber Ez install.

Thanks
DucRS
I replaced all lines also but went with the rubber lines and installed 914rubber E Z install master cylinder. Brakes now work as they should and I would recommend. If you go with this master cylinder, check Ian’s YouTube video on how to install. It’s an easy install. Good luck!
iankarr
Thanks for the props, DucRS wink.gif

It's not unusual for it to take several bleeds to get a good firm pedal. Especially with new calipers. Took me about 3 times around, plus driving on a bumpy road before the 4th and final time. I also loosened the lower bleed screw and shot fluid in with a syringe till it came out of the upper one. That shouldn't make a difference...but it did. I'd also go with the rubber lines to keep everything as designed.

If you want to replace the master, I'd use the 914 Rubber EZ install one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.