Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 Optional Equipment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnorm
I finally got my COA and I have an option that I do not know what it means. My car, built in early 1973,has an option called "Equipment for Brazil". What does that mean as to what equipment is different from other 914's.
burton73
There is a Brazilian Samba button

Bob B
JeffBowlsby
It must be a mistake. Brazil was not a market for 914s as far as I have ever heard. Ask PCNA review/correct it.
VegasRacer
Plundered Nazi Treasure ?
914_teener
Optional Co Co mats.

Just kidding.

Edit:

John beat me to that punch but I thought about that one.

The optional Eva Braun middle cushion.
Frankvw
Does it have a 1.7 engine ? Like the Volkswagen do Brazil SP2 that had a 1.7 type4 engine in 1973 ? Maybe you have one of those engines in your 914...a Brazil option smile.gif
Or your car was 'extra waxed' by the dealer smile.gif
johnorm
QUOTE(Frankvw @ Oct 6 2020, 01:25 PM) *

Does it have a 1.7 engine ? Like the Volkswagen do Brazil SP2 that had a 1.7 type4 engine in 1973 ? Maybe you have one of those engines in your 914...a Brazil option :)
Or your car was 'extra waxed' by the dealer :)

it's a 2.0L
porschetub
QUOTE(Frankvw @ Oct 7 2020, 09:25 AM) *

Does it have a 1.7 engine ? Like the Volkswagen do Brazil SP2 that had a 1.7 type4 engine in 1973 ? Maybe you have one of those engines in your 914...a Brazil option smile.gif
Or your car was 'extra waxed' by the dealer smile.gif

Not sure but trying to remember,pretty sure the SP2 was a T3 motor with 88mm B&P's (1679) ,happy to stand corrected.
I have noticed on the 914 PET export countries are listed but never seen any reference to Brazil ,I believe Jeffs reply confirms that and he would know,maybe a special import as my car is mine is confused24.gif confused24.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.