Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eddie Van Halen
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Coondog
We have all rocked to Van Halen in our 914s. Mine, Jamie’s crying.
RIP Eddie
Click to view attachment
Gint
agree.gif Damn shame.
Krieger
RIP Eddie! sad.gif VH was THE band for me.
infraredcalvin
RIP, apparently he was a dues paying member of the So Cal POC, he’ll be missed, music and talent is legendary and will never be forgotten.

1984 first cassette I ever had.... Hot for Teacher
GregAmy
Queued up my vinyl of "Van Halen" earlier...then "Van Halen II"...then "Women and Children First"...

Switched to cassette for "Fair Warning" and "Diver Down"...expect to hit the CDs for "1984", "5150", "OU812" and then...well, depends on how long the bourbon lasts. OR how long I last.

Thank you, dude. You defined our generation.
Olympic 914
Hot for Teacher. RIP
Unobtanium-inc
Loved his Porsches.
73-914
YES he does
SO.O.C914er
Funny I remember exactly where I was when I heard that first album. 1978 just a year after high school at a party in Huntington Beach a high school friend who I hadn’t seen in over year walks up and said Paul you have to listen to this new album. I went down and picked it the next day. Own most of their collection of great work....RIP Eddie. aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
VegasRacer
I got to server him once when I was working at the Desert Inn. biggrin.gif

Two beers. beerchug.gif

*(Valerie was not happy about something that afternoon.)

RIP aktion035.gif
Spoke
Click to view attachment
carr914
I shared a Birthdate with Eddie. RIP
campbellcj
It really sucks... I grew-up about 10 mins from Pasadena and was a teenager really into music when they were first getting huge. RIP Eddie. What an icon.
Cairo94507
RIP to a music legend. beerchug.gif
Steve
beerchug.gif
RIP Eddie!! I am also a huge fan, starting with there first album in the 70’s.
I was just at the Cabo Wabo in Cabo!! What a legacy!!
rhodyguy
'Eruption' set the bar pretty high. He set the tone for a generation of guitarists. The 15 minute recording is shocked[1].gif.
sb914
[quote name='rhodyguy' date='Oct 7 2020, 07:19 AM' post='2857254']
'Eruption' set the bar pretty high. He set the tone for a generation of guitarists. The 15 minute recording is shocked[1].gif.
[/quote
agree.gif he was the first “hammer ons and Paul offs “ monster ....
Seen them at cars of stars in Buena Park before they were famous. Edit .Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
The drill motor was clever. Who would have thought?
GregAmy
Somewhere - was it here? - I saw a photo posted of them having a small concernt outside when they were still Mammoth...with a 914 in the background.

Someone gotta dig that up.

Edit: found it on Facebook:

"‎John Wayne Carlson‎ - The future members of Van Halen playing an outdoor set in Pasadena, CA when they were called Mammoth circa 1973 with a 914 listening in."
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Oct 7 2020, 10:14 AM) *

Somewhere - was it here? - I saw a photo posted of them having a small concernt outside when they were still Mammoth...with a 914 in the background.

Someone gotta dig that up.

Edit: found it on Facebook:

"‎John Wayne Carlson‎ - The future members of Van Halen playing an outdoor set in Pasadena, CA when they were called Mammoth circa 1973 with a 914 listening in."

My vote for picture of the day!!!!!

I saw Van Halen in the late 70's several times.
They performed at the Golden West Ballroom (Norwalk, Ca) with the Runaways as their opening act.

Who remembers DITTO's

Oscar

Click to view attachment
Rikyrat
Yes, another rock icon has left us.

There are 2 things I remember about Eddie.

First, I grew up in the valley, and he played at a lot of parties, we went to.

Second, was the first time I saw VH at Garrazi's in Hollywood, he was playing Blackbird by the Beatles, then all of a sudden he went nuts on the Guitar, and this guy came out with his string of pink pearls. That was the first time they played there, it was a night.
shane
Grew up in Tacoma Washington I listened to this music From my bedroom window that was coming from the UPS field house at my local college. Was amazing and man was it loud, I was real young so hadn’t been to rock concerts yet. Later that day my neighbor Who was on the pole-vaulting team at the college told the whole neighborhood about helping this band aim a concert Light with his pole-vaulting stick and they were all Bad ass and got him stoned with them!!! (Van Halen) Eddie was always and will always be my guitar rock idol RIP Sir
914-300Hemi
RIP Eddie. Listened to him since high school
Johny Blackstain
1980 Invasion tour cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.