Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rekeying the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bf**123
looking for some one or a company that will rekey my 1973 2.0. Have black and red key but none of the locks or the ignition will turn. I know that there somebody out there that can help fix my problem at a reasonable cost. My ex-wife threw my keys in the trash and now I'm screwed, somebody help me please.
wysri9
I found this thread yesterday and am currently resetting my door locks to the ignition key that I have (parts from various sources). Its a bit intricate but not difficult.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...40244&st=20 Maybe this helps...??

smile.gif
nihil44
One of our members Curt offers this service

@TheCabinetmaker

My locks are presently with him
simonjb
Use Curt
Mark Henry
Can you still get the wafer kits?
TheCabinetmaker
Yes, l do them. Clean, repair, rekey.
morsmanlaw
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Oct 7 2020, 08:39 AM) *

Curt - I'm here in Tulsa - Mike Fugate introduced us and I think our paths crossed once or twice.

I have some red and black keys from 914s I had years ago. If two of them are a match, can you re-do the locks on my current car to match them? How much does that run? I have a black one now, but just a plain remade key instead of a red one.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(morsmanlaw @ Oct 12 2020, 08:56 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Oct 7 2020, 08:39 AM) *

Curt - I'm here in Tulsa - Mike Fugate introduced us and I think our paths crossed once or twice.

I have some red and black keys from 914s I had years ago. If two of them are a match, can you re-do the locks on my current car to match them? How much does that run? I have a black one now, but just a plain remade key instead of a red one.
Sending pm.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 7 2020, 06:37 AM) *

Can you still get the wafer kits?

Yes, I bought a kit with the 1-5 wafers and little springs for $25.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.