Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L-Jet Guru's Unite!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ben1440
So.......I just swapped out the leaky 1.7 in my '72 with a non-leaky L-Jet out of a '75. Its in and it kinda starts but.....all the vacuum lines need to be correctly set up. I was using the pelican parts diagram but was having trouble finding my egr valve (because it wasnt there).

Also, one of the ports off the y-adapter that comes off the intake was plugged and I was confused. Now I am realizing that this was an engine that was orignally set up for smog but then de-smogged. The car was totally running like crap and that is because of the vacuum lines not being set up properly.

The egr valve appears to have a hose between it and the air cleener. I will plug the air cleener again but what do i do with the port on the intake manifold? Anyone have any de-smogging tips or experience on this engine.

Last question....on my car the charcol cannister is next to the gas tank opposed to it being in the engine compartment. That leaves me with two hoses coming into my engine compartment. Any trick on how to tell which connects at the fan housing and which connects to the air box?

Much thanks.....

--Ben
McMark
Air flow direction isn't important for the charcoal canister. So either one goes either place.

I want to come and help you get your car running nice, sometime. wink.gif Let me know.
sportlicherFahrer
damn, I wish I could help, but I am non-smog. I think so anyways. huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.