Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auxiliary Air Regulator 022 906 045
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
911GT2
Hey guys my Auxiliary Air Regulator (022 906 045) is broken.

This site says "BGDIP also lists a 0 280 140 101 for the 74-75 914"

Is this correct?
Superhawk996
QUOTE(911GT2 @ Oct 9 2020, 09:00 AM) *

Is this correct?

There isn't much in there to break. The issue I've struggled with is intermittent short to the case of the AAR at the +12 volt wire that feeds the heater. I tried to fix one of those where the wire was shorting intermittently - unfortunately unsuccessfully. sad.gif

AA is supposedly doing "new guts" whatever that means as AAR rebuild. Was in recent thread (like in last week or two).

The other common failure mode is sticking of the rotary valve. Soaking top 1/2 with the ports and the rotary valve in Penetrating oil can help free up a sticky AAR.

Sorry to hear this. You looked like you were having a great drive earlier in the summer!
911GT2
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Oct 9 2020, 05:15 AM) *

Is this correct?

There isn't much in there to break. The issue I've struggled with is intermittent short to the case of the AAR at the +12 volt wire that feeds the heater. I tried to fix one of those where the wire was shorting intermittently - unfortunately unsuccessfully. sad.gif

AA is supposedly doing "new guts" whatever that means as AAR rebuild. Was in recent thread (like in last week or two).

The other common failure mode is sticking of the rotary valve. Soaking top 1/2 with the ports and the rotary valve in Penetrating oil can help free up a sticky AAR.

Sorry to hear this. You looked like you were having a great drive earlier in the summer!

It still drives great, just not when cold, my work around is to 'idle' al 2000rpm for a minute before taking off and then everything is fine smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yup modern guts look factory act factory but last a lot longer

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Oct 9 2020, 06:15 AM) *

Is this correct?

Krieger
Mcmark had a thread on a modern one he used. Sorry I am terrible with using the search function.
bdstone914
@911GT2

' date='Oct 9 2020, 06:00 AM' post='2857641']

Is this correct?
[/quote]

I think I still have a few good ones. Asking $100 plus shippimng your the US.
Porsche does superceed the D Jet tpe AAR to the L Jet type. But the plug is a two versus one wire, the configuration is different and I have no idea where you could mount it.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 9 2020, 09:36 AM) *

yup modern guts look factory act factory but last a lot longer

@dr914@autoatlanta.com

Can you elaborate on what the update is and/or how much they cost? Not looking for proprietary details. I'd love to know more if all wiring and/or heater is updated, isolated from case of the AAR, and what new guts consists of, etc.

Website shows $285 cost with $200 core for "rebuilt". I assume that is the same part that we're talking about with the "new guts". Gulp.

Thats $485 if I don't have a good core (whatever that might be for the exchange). I do understand how hard these buggers can be to open up and repair given that I tried one unscuccessfully myself on a $75 used part that turned out to be no good (intermittently shorting 12v wire).

I don't begrude anyone a profit on their development work. $485 would be justified in my opinion if the "new guts" were some sort of stepper motor with a defined opening that mimics factory. I've contemplated doing this with a small DC stepper motor and an Arduino to control it. That is not very elegant solution and the time to develop it would make $285 + core seem like a bargin.

But if it is just a used part that has been cleaned, lubed, and some fresh paint with a piece of heat shrink over an intermittently shorting wire - - - Well I've already been there and done that. happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.