Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1973 914 2.0 "Kit"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Your eBay and Craigslist Ads for 914 Stuff
Tdskip
Stiff asking price, maybe someone will bite...
PyrDad
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Oct 12 2020, 01:31 PM) *

Stiff asking price, maybe someone will bite...

I’m open to offers, and could reduce the amount of extra parts if someone were to take the tub, engine, transmission, miscellaneous parts to assemble the car and one set of wheels.
IronHillRestorations
GLWTS

The first thing a serious buyer from this group is going to want to see is the "hell hole"/suspension console area, which is absent from you photo gallery. It's the difference in getting closer to you desired price and no bites at all. Pretty much everyone here knows what a 914 looks like, the savvy buyer wants to see details of the known/typical problem areas: battery tray, jack points, rear trunk floor, cabin floor pan, inner suspension console, firewalls, etc.
PyrDad
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Oct 12 2020, 04:39 PM) *

GLWTS

The first thing a serious buyer from this group is going to want to see is the "hell hole"/suspension console area, which is absent from you photo gallery. It's the difference in getting closer to you desired price and no bites at all. Pretty much everyone here knows what a 914 looks like, the savvy buyer wants to see details of the known/typical problem areas: battery tray, jack points, rear trunk floor, cabin floor pan, inner suspension console, firewalls, etc.

I have pictures of those areas - I'll post some in this reply. If anyone wants more photos I have a bunch, just ask.
PyrDad
QUOTE(PyrDad @ Oct 12 2020, 07:58 PM) *

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Oct 12 2020, 04:39 PM) *

GLWTS

I have pictures of those areas - I'll post some in this reply. If anyone wants more photos I have a bunch, just ask.

[font=Arial][size=4][b]Note: Price Reduced!
IronHillRestorations
Looks like a good chassis!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Oct 14 2020, 01:11 PM) *

agree.gif i cant see the price as i cant open the link to the CL ad due to firewall here, but this would be a nice project for a rebuild for the right price. rust in the floors hopefully is just surface rust?, looks really solid otherwise.

GLWTS!
ndfrigi
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Oct 21 2020, 08:14 AM) *

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Oct 14 2020, 01:11 PM) *

agree.gif i cant see the price as i cant open the link to the CL ad due to firewall here, but this would be a nice project for a rebuild for the right price. rust in the floors hopefully is just surface rust?, looks really solid otherwise.

GLWTS!

$10k Dr. Phil with several parts or multiple the same parts

Details in craigslist:

Once in a lifetime opportunity. 1973 914 2.0 that is in pieces. Car is a tub with all parts except the wiring harness removed. Tub is on casters. It has been apart since 1980, and has all of its parts as well as additional parts from at least 2 other 914’s that I parted out. Car was painted twice while apart (long story) and looks fantastic aside from a few rust spots in the typical spots (i.e. fender to cowl seam that is covered by a small plastic trim strip). Battery tray is good, no rust in that area including under the battery area. Engine was rebuilt in the late 80’s under the supervision of Jerry Woods at Garretson Enterprises in Mountain View, CA. Few miles on it as it was originally in another chassis I sold. Multiple interior pieces, new original roof plus two others, new (at the time) rubber trim pieces for roof and window seals. Multiple control arms, steering racks, front and rear sway bars etc. Window regulators updated to cross- arm style from original spring/tube style (doors from 1974 were installed prior to body work). Many extra bits and widgets (windshield wiper linkages, washer fluid bottles, interior switches, door panels etc.).

Side shift transmission, 3 sets of wheels - 9 - 2.0 Fuchs alloy wheels, 5 - Mahle alloy wheels and one original old steel wheel. Some center caps and many of the correct wheel screws for the alloy wheels. One of the Fuchs wheels has curb damage, but should be repairable.

Much of the hardware was re-plated (Cadmium type 2 - done when it was still legal). My original intent was to restore the car for Concours d'Elegance competition so some parts have been thoroughly cleaned. Others are in "as removed" condition. Includes Porsche factory workshop manual and parts manual. Please contact me if you have any questions. Many more photos available. Reasonable offers considered!
Tdskip
Is this really a $10k car? Not trying to knock value down but have prices moved that much?
PyrDad
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Oct 21 2020, 10:13 AM) *

Is this really a $10k car? Not trying to knock value down but have prices moved that much?

I based the price on sold listings on eBay for the components. I have a set of 5 Fuchs alloys (800.00+) another set of 4 Fuchs alloys with a steel spare and a set of 5 Mahle alloy wheels (one recently sold on eBay for $299.00!), with the correct bolts (some are new, unused) and most of the center caps. There are 2 factory steering wheels (recent eBay sales $295.00 and $425.00) and an aftermarket steering wheel with hub adapter. Low mileage 2.0 engine (the injection system alone sold for $995.00) with powder coated sheet metal, side shift transmission, multiple front and rear sway bars with hardware, 7 headlight motors, 2 gas tanks, 3 roofs (1 scratched, one new old stock), 2 front and rear valences, 4+ outside door handles, headlight door hardware, rubber boots and plastic covers. There are extra light and hazard switches, 20 German oil filters, 3 steering racks, factory shop manuals and factory parts catalog.
If anyone wants additional photos I can send them (is it allowed to post an e-mail address?). I am open to reasonable offers. I am motivated to sell it soon!
PyrDad
QUOTE(PyrDad @ Oct 21 2020, 02:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Oct 21 2020, 10:13 AM) *

I based the price on sold listings on eBay for the components. I have a set of 5 Fuchs alloys (800.00+) another set of 4 Fuchs alloys with a steel spare and a set of 5 Mahle alloy wheels (one recently sold on eBay for $299.00!), with the correct bolts (some are new, unused) and most of the center caps. There are 2 factory steering wheels (recent eBay sales $295.00 and $425.00) and an aftermarket steering wheel with hub adapter. Low mileage 2.0 engine (the injection system alone sold for $995.00) with powder coated sheet metal, side shift transmission, multiple front and rear sway bars with hardware, 7 headlight motors, 2 gas tanks, 3 roofs (1 scratched, one new old stock), 2 front and rear valences, 4+ outside door handles, headlight door hardware, rubber boots and plastic covers. There are extra light and hazard switches, 20 German oil filters, 3 steering racks, factory shop manuals and factory parts catalog.
If anyone wants additional photos I can send them (is it allowed to post an e-mail address?). I am open to reasonable offers. I am motivated to sell it soon!

Car has clean California title (NOT salvage!) and is registered as a planned non-op in California.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.