Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield sealant
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tonyooc
Has anyone revealed there windshield? I tried but the sealant appears to be to thick, I used a 3/8 or 9.52mm. I saw online they sell a 5/16 or 7mm. I would like to get it right the second tine.
bdstone914
@Tonyooc

QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Oct 9 2020, 05:28 PM) *

Has anyone revealed there windshield? I tried but the sealant appears to be to thick, I used a 3/8 or 9.52mm. I saw online they sell a 5/16 or 7mm. I would like to get it right the second tine.

3/8 should ve correct. What happened?
I used 1/4 on the rear window and it is barely thick enough. I am in Riverside and have extra rolls if the want to try it.
Tonyooc
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 9 2020, 08:02 PM) *

@Tonyooc

QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Oct 9 2020, 05:28 PM) *

3/8 should ve correct. What happened?
I used 1/4 on the rear window and it is barely thick enough. I am in Riverside and have extra rolls if the want to try it.

Its to thick when I try to clip on the molding it pulled out the clips and pushed them into the rubber
Mikey914
We sell it and even have a window "kit" with the spacers if you need them. 1/4" is too thin, you can make it work, but it's not a uniform bead.

https://914rubber.com/rear-window-reseal-kit-for-914-2622
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.