Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 2.0 sittin along time!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Slipry
New battery and fuel pump,cleaned plugs,new gas got it running!! idles ok seems to be on 4 but on acceleration breaks up,pops,farts doesn’t take it any ideas? Thanks
Click to view attachment
okieflyr
Double check ALL the air hoses for any cracks or leaks to start.

QUOTE(Slipry @ Oct 9 2020, 09:02 PM) *

New battery and fuel pump,cleaned plugs,new gas got it running!! idles ok seems to be on 4 but on acceleration breaks up,pops,farts doesn’t take it any ideas? Thanks
Click to view attachment

Slipry
QUOTE(okieflyr @ Oct 9 2020, 07:45 PM) *

Double check ALL the air hoses for any cracks or leaks to start.

QUOTE(Slipry @ Oct 9 2020, 09:02 PM) *

New battery and fuel pump,cleaned plugs,newhttps://www.nj.com/politics/2020/09/step-by-step-how-to-vote-via-the-mail-in-ballot-in-nj.html gas got it running!! idles ok seems to be on 4 but on acceleration breaks up,pops,farts doesn’t take it any ideas? Thanks
Click to view attachment

Thanks for your reply Okieflyr ! All hoses look gook What Else??
IronHillRestorations
What’s the fuel tank look like? If it’s injected, the injectors could be stopped up or stuck. If carbs probably need to clean them out and put a gasket kit in them
Racer
Just cause those rubber lines look ok, doesn't mean they are. You don't mention how long sitting, but rubber breaks down pretty easily. Check em again. Most often times these cars start to "pop/fart" is because they lean out.. often due to a vacuum line leak.

Then lets also consider other items.. spark plugs? points? condensor? valve adjustment? recent timing set?

Do you know why the car was sitting? was it not working when put away?
Slipry
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Oct 10 2020, 06:03 AM) *

What’s the fuel tank look like? If it’s injected, the injectors could be stopped up or stuck. If carbs probably need to clean them out and put a gasket kit in them

Thanks Ironhill New to this stuff !! Can i clean the injectors?? Tank looked clean just alittle gas left. I guess it was gas lol Maybe should have drained it all. just added 5gal hightest duh! water would make it pop and fart right?
IronHillRestorations
Yes, should drain the old fuel. I hate old dead gasoline! Even though you’ve added good fuel, any moisture is going to remain in the bottom of the tank. Gold standard for cleaning injectors is removing them and send to a specialty service. Replacing all old rubber fuel and vacuum hoses is never a bad thing
Tdskip
Too lean would do this, so make sure to check for vacuum leaks.

Carbs or original FI?
Slipry
QUOTE(Racer @ Oct 10 2020, 06:13 AM) *

Just cause those rubber lines look ok, doesn't mean they are. You don't mention how long sitting, but rubber breaks down pretty easily. Check em again. Most often times these cars start to "pop/fart" is because they lean out.. often due to a vacuum line leak.

Then lets also consider other items.. spark plugs? points? condensor? valve adjustment? recent timing set?

Do you know why the car was sitting? was it not working when put away?

Car sitting since 2012 was serviced at that time by shop. have receipt ,points plugs valve ajust timing set! Car was in a garage I will change all vaccum hoses It idles at 1400rpms when warm .Trying to bring my gone brothers car back to life!
Slipry
Thanks guys!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.