Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gullwing gets some new eyes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ri914
Having the car start and run via the key was a nice milestone. I did an alignment tonight and will be driving it tomorrow. Just fabricating up a nice DBW mount.

How do you like the new front skin? Good bad, ugly?

My neighbor had his (new) gt2rs over here today and stared at the gullwing for over 10min in disbelief and silence. He told me he would give an opinion after we drive it tomorrow.

don't be shy, fire away smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Mueller
I'm kinda digging it.
infraredcalvin
Not bad... I’m really looking forward to seeing the overall lines after you get a solid color on that....

I don’t care for the hood, it looks a little too narrow in front. I get it though, wider it looks like you’re copying a cayman, but narrow looks too vw-ish to me.
JOEPROPER
I think its cool. Takes a lot of talent and imagination to dream up a design and actually put it into practice... I wasn't sure when I first saw it, but I like it.
SirAndy
Please get a better quality 916 front bumper or replace it with something else.

That is horrible aftermarket quality, the shape isn't even close to a real 916 bumpers and it has that weird dimple curved inwards thing in the center that just looks like total crap.

How do i know? I have that same piece of garbage on my car. I hate it and so will you.
mad.gif

john77
I don't hate it. I think biggrin.gif . It's kind of hard to tell with only one angle. I'm intrigued to see how you'll blend the larger lights into the narrow peak on top of the fenders.
Tdskip
It's a Citroën!
mbseto
I'm intrigued. nth'ing want to see some additional angles. Pretty impressive...
ri914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 11 2020, 08:49 PM) *

Please get a better quality 916 front bumper or replace it with something else.

That is horrible aftermarket quality, the shape isn't even close to a real 916 bumpers and it has that weird dimple curved inwards thing in the center that just looks like total crap.

How do i know? I have that same piece of garbage on my car. I hate it and so will you.
mad.gif

I really like this bumper, I like it better with the new headlights. Please add a link to a different bumper i would love to see some options.
ri914
QUOTE(john77 @ Oct 11 2020, 08:51 PM) *

I don't hate it. I think biggrin.gif . It's kind of hard to tell with only one angle. I'm intrigued to see how you'll blend the larger lights into the narrow peak on top of the fenders.

They are blended with steel already. I will get some more pics tomorrow. They rise and dissapate into the arches. I choose to fade diagonally instead of carrying the light to the windshield.
ri914
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Oct 11 2020, 08:31 PM) *

Not bad... I’m really looking forward to seeing the overall lines after you get a solid color on that....

I don’t care for the hood, it looks a little too narrow in front. I get it though, wider it looks like you’re copying a cayman, but narrow looks too vw-ish to me.

I thought it was a vw? biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
#1. It looks like a Porsche. crest.gif

#2. I can see Citroën and VW. happy11.gif

#3. The sides / corners of that '916' bumper bug me. icon8.gif

#4. It's awesome. pray.gif

#5. At first I thought the license plate brackets were Nerf Bars. idea.gif
AZBanks
I like what I see so far. I'm not completely sold on the lines on the hood but I will wait for better pictures before I make a final judgement.
porschetub
Think its looks alright but didn't think it was possible,we have a few of these extreme custom builds going on and I think its great to see folks looking out of the square IMO,these guys know how they are biggrin.gif
76-914
I like the Gull Wing doors. Do they protrude outwards any further than std swing doors? beerchug.gif
BillC
Need more pictures. Kinda hard to tell what's going on from just one shot.

That hood and front end definitely look Citroen.
Gint
agree.gif I'd like to see the rest of the car. Interesting...
mepstein
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Oct 11 2020, 09:14 PM) *

It's a Citroën!

My first thought.
AZBanks
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Oct 11 2020, 06:14 PM) *

It's a Citroën!

agree.gif
buck toenges
QUOTE(ri914 @ Oct 11 2020, 08:18 PM) *

Having the car start and run via the key was a nice milestone. I did an alignment tonight and will be driving it tomorrow. Just fabricating up a nice DBW mount.

How do you like the new front skin? Good bad, ugly?

My neighbor had his (new) gt2rs over here today and stared at the gullwing for over 10min in disbelief and silence. He told me he would give an opinion after we drive it tomorrow.

don't be shy, fire away smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Kinda looks like a real Porsche. smile.gif
Krieger
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Oct 11 2020, 06:14 PM) *

It's a Citroën!

agree.gif that was my first thought too.
horizontally-opposed
I keep seeing the 916 bumper's center intake as a mouth now. Hood cut is interesting, but need to see this from other angles to have a better sense of it. Understand the Citroen references....

First question: How do you access the shock towers?
ri914
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Oct 12 2020, 06:17 PM) *

I keep seeing the 916 bumper's center intake as a mouth now. Hood cut is interesting, but need to see this from other angles to have a better sense of it. Understand the Citroen references....

First question: How do you access the shock towers?

Shock towers have full access the cut does not interfere with serviceability. I upgraded the shocks after modifying the hood.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.