Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tri-capital@rogers.com
Hello everyone, I am having trouble with my 1974 2ltr. The car was running perfect up until last summer. The car was stored in my heated garage all winter. When I fired it up this spring the car did not sound right at all. It started right up with no problem but it was making a funny sound. I parked the car and have not driven it all summer. I am looking for a good mechanic who would be capable of doing engine work this this beauty. The care is in perfect condition and was running perfect. I have yet to find someone who I can trust with this car. Please let me know if you guys can help!
Superhawk996
QUOTE(tri-capital@rogers.com @ Oct 13 2020, 03:06 PM) *

Hello everyone, I am having trouble with my 1974 2ltr. The car was running perfect up until last summer. The car was stored in my heated garage all winter. When I fired it up this spring the car did not sound right at all. It started right up with no problem but it was making a funny sound. I parked the car and have not driven it all summer. I am looking for a good mechanic who would be capable of doing engine work this this beauty. The care is in perfect condition and was running perfect. I have yet to find someone who I can trust with this car. Please let me know if you guys can help!

@mark henry is in Ontario - highly regarded. Not sure how close you are but that would be a 1st recommendation
tri-capital@rogers.com
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Oct 13 2020, 01:56 PM) *

QUOTE(tri-capital@rogers.com @ Oct 13 2020, 03:06 PM) *

@mark henry is in Ontario - highly regarded. Not sure how close you are but that would be a 1st recommendation

I am in King City Ontario, does he have a shop?
Mark Henry
I'm at least an hour east of you unless you take the 407. Look up directions to Brimacombe ski hill, I'm another 10 minutes east of the ski hill.
Scott at German Supply is closer to you, he's a VW bus guy but knows the T4 engine.
Rand
Get it to Mark.

In the mean time, you might get more help around here if your were more descriptive than "funny sound."
porschetub
QUOTE(Rand @ Oct 14 2020, 10:18 AM) *

Get it to Mark.

In the mean time, you might get more help around here if your were more descriptive than "funny sound."

agree.gif unless we know more it could be anything,I will suggest a loose valve clearance/s or valve seat on the move ,worn rod small end bushes can be noisy when the engine is cold...sort of a tapping noise till warmed up as opposed the worn big-end bearings which is a solid metallic sound and resulting poor oil pressure with the oil light coming on when the engine is hot when idling.
Lots of other things also,sometimes these noises are less than funny in the end dry.gif dry.gif .
tri-capital@rogers.com
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 13 2020, 03:16 PM) *

I'm at least an hour east of you unless you take the 407. Look up directions to Brimacombe ski hill, I'm another 10 minutes east of the ski hill.
Scott at German Supply is closer to you, he's a VW bus guy but knows the T4 engine.

Hi Mark do you have a number I can reach you at tomorrow?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(tri-capital@rogers.com @ Oct 13 2020, 07:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 13 2020, 03:16 PM) *

Hi Mark do you have a number I can reach you at tomorrow?

PM sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.