Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winking, Blinking, and Nothing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
Has anyone out there successfully converted a VW turn switch into an early 914 switch replacement? There appears to be several nearly identical switches available in the eBay world but it is s crap shoot as to wire numbers etc. My car is not "original" so colors don't really matter as it is a splice-in no matter WTF.gif

Mine looks like this....
beerchug.gif
forrestkhaag
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Oct 13 2020, 02:31 PM) *

Has anyone out there successfully converted a VW turn switch into an early 914 switch replacement? There appears to be several nearly identical switches available in the eBay world but it is s crap shoot as to wire numbers etc. My car is not "original" so colors don't really matter as it is a splice-in no matter WTF.gif

Mine looks like this....
beerchug.gif

icon_bump.gif
76-914
Mark just had some OEM ones listed in the classifieds. @914Sixer
914Sixer
Mine were 72-76. Have directed Forrest to where he might find the correct switch.
mmichalik
I was having issues with mine in the '74 as well. Not auto click off and no horn. One of the members on the board pointed me here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S8GSKY...=UTF8&psc=1 and it works great so far.
Blinker and high beam switch works and the auto cancel works as expected. I have not finished setting up the horn yet because one of the PO's did a pretty good job of disconnecting everything.
And the best part is, it's very cost effective.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.