Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interchange/replacement 2.0 injectors?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
Ian is going to need some injectors for an SDS install. This will be based on a 2.0 Djet intake so he'd rather not mess with fuel rails, so they have to clamp in like stock injectors.
Pretty sure there was a thread that used MB or Volvo injectors that were close to the 2.0 green injectors? Low or high impedance, doesn't matter, I can add a resistor pack.

Engine 2056cc, stock 2.0 other than KB 96mm P&C's and Web 73 FI cam.

Thanks beerchug.gif
Frank S
Hi Mark,

I think this is what you are looking for:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk...CtvvToiQehrg%3D

Take care,
Frank
GregAmy
Needz a sticky...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=343970
Mark Henry
Thanks! beerchug.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 14 2020, 06:40 AM) *

Ian is going to need some injectors for an SDS install. This will be based on a 2.0 Djet intake so he'd rather not mess with fuel rails, so they have to clamp in like stock injectors.
Pretty sure there was a thread that used MB or Volvo injectors that were close to the 2.0 green injectors? Low or high impedance, doesn't matter, I can add a resistor pack.

Engine 2056cc, stock 2.0 other than KB 96mm P&C's and Web 73 FI cam.

Thanks beerchug.gif

If SDS can run with high impedance injectors take a look at these:

https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/a280-a380-h...-fuel-injector/

I usually prefer these when going aftermarket ECUs with the stock intake runners.

No resistors needed, better electrical connectors, better atomization/higher pressure. Does require a different pressure regulator (though that is pretty easy to come by) Plus they come with a full datasheet and voltage/response time map so there is no guessing with aftermarket injection.
913B
Is the the 280cc suffice or do you really need 380cc for 2056 or anything smaller?

Thanks for your input beerchug.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(913B @ Oct 14 2020, 11:35 AM) *

Is the the 280cc suffice or do you really need 380cc for 2056 or anything smaller?

Depends on how crazy your 2056 is I guess, but 280cc is still going to still be on the large side for most naturally asperated motors near that displacement. 280cc should support in the ballpark of ~180 HP at the crank.

Forgot to mention the injector sizing is another advantage of these over stock injectors. Stock 2.0 injectors are HUGE. This becomes really apparent with aftermarket systems where you can monitor your pulse width. Extremely small pulse widths results in poor resolution for mixture control at idle. In fact i find even the stock 1.7 injectors preferable to the stock 2.0 ones when running an aftermarket ECU on most motors.
Frank S
QUOTE(JamesM @ Oct 14 2020, 10:00 PM) *

QUOTE(913B @ Oct 14 2020, 11:35 AM) *

Depends on how crazy your 2056 is I guess, but 280cc is still going to still be on the large side for most naturally asperated motors near that displacement. 280cc should support in the ballpark of ~180 HP at the crank.

Forgot to mention the injector sizing is another advantage of these over stock injectors. Stock 2.0 injectors are HUGE. This becomes really apparent with aftermarket systems where you can monitor your pulse width. Extremely small pulse widths results in poor resolution for mixture control at idle. In fact i find even the stock 1.7 injectors preferable to the stock 2.0 ones when running an aftermarket ECU on most motors.

Agreed.
But is the single pintle design really giving a better spray pattern then the Delphi Lucas type (3 hole pattern)?
Just curious...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.