Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NLA gasket and return fuel line question.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Porsche 914-201-147-10 which is the fiber gasket for the outgoing fuel pipe that attaches to the bottom of the tank. It shows NLA, Pelican doesn't have an alternative. Don't think there is anything that special about it, but wanted to ask where you guys like to source a replacement to prevent leaks.

On a carbed car where the return fuel line will not be used any tips on how to like to block that line on the tank so it doesn't leak? Seems like better to block it at the tank rather than on the return line at the rear of the car so no fuel is in the return line.

I'll be using a low pressure pump and have not has issues with this pump needing a return line.

Thanks (and early good morning).
brant
A carb system benefits from a return line

Cooler fuel
Less vapor lock
Dion
I believe @rotary914 used to sell the fiber washers not sure if he still has a supply.
Agree with Brant, fuel return line is helpful.
bbrock
QUOTE(Dion @ Oct 15 2020, 07:04 AM) *

I believe @rotary914 used to sell the fiber washers not sure if he still has a supply.
Agree with Brant, fuel return line is helpful.

agree.gif plus the return line keeps the reserve fuel bowl in the tank filled. And +1 on getting parts from rotary914.
JFJ914
I bought mine at ACE Hardware
Tdskip
Just a fiber fuel safe washer from wherever I can source it?

Assuming you guys have a fuel pressure regulators that you’ve put into your fuel system where there’s a return line coming off the regulator?

@brant - you posted a very nice diagram some years ago of the different options, that was nicely done.
bbrock
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Oct 15 2020, 08:36 AM) *

Assuming you guys have a fuel pressure regulators that you’ve put into your fuel system where there’s a return line coming off the regulator?

Yeah. I haven't finished mine yet but you need a bypass style regulator. I'll be putting this one in. https://patrickmotorsports.com/products/fue-pmo-fpr

IPB Image
bdstone914
@Tdskip

A better alternative is to ditch the original nipples and tap the threaded boss for 1/4 NPT. Install a pipe thread to AN6 fitting.
It was a crapy system prone to leaking.
I have made replacements from neoprene for the fiber washers.
brant
I think I took this from another member 10+ years ago
but its a good diagram:
Tdskip
What fiber material will work? Flat like original or an o-ring OK?

Thanks!
Mikey914
Do not use EPDM rubber it will dissolve. Viton will work.
Tdskip
Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.