Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey Swap 2021
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
Click to view attachment
Not sure the backstory for this. But it was just announced that Hershey Swap will actually be in Carlisle PA the weekend of May 1.

So, change of venue and change of date.

Zach
Racer
That place looks huge! Will we be the only show in town that day or will we be sharing space with other marques? or other aircooled cars?

Lets hope it goes off without issue.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Racer @ Oct 16 2020, 07:06 AM) *

That place looks huge! Will we be the only show in town that day or will we be sharing space with other marques? or other aircooled cars?

Lets hope it goes off without issue.

It’s Porsche only. So there will be mostly Aircooled stuff at the swap, but tons of both air and water cooled cars. There is usually an AX the following day, and I assume they will do that at the new venue as well.

For those that don’t know, Carlisle hosts some of the largest car events in the Mid Atlantic area.

Zach
Racer
Well, the fairgrounds doesn't have a large parking lot like Hershey does, so they won't have an autocross there.. Maybe a rallycross wink.gif but maybe they might have an AX back at Hershey.

VaccaRabite
They have hosted AX events at Boxerfest and I think Spring Import. But I don’t know where they did it- there or some other local lot.

Zach
Olympic 914
Well I'm out. That date conflicts another event for me..

Hate to miss it.

TomE
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Oct 15 2020, 07:55 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Not sure the backstory for this. But it was just announced that Hershey Swap will actually be in Carlisle PA the weekend of May 1.

So, change of venue and change of date.

Zach

Went to the Air cooled swap meet and one of the members that help organize Hershey said they were having issues with Hershey for the parking lot? It was a good place to have it but Carlisle should be good too.
StarBear
REALLY hope to be able to go. Missed the last 3-4 meets. Caution, though - the traffic along Carlisle's two-lane road gets really backed up, so go early or plan on slow trog.
Racer
QUOTE(StarBear @ Oct 16 2020, 10:07 AM) *

REALLY hope to be able to go. Missed the last 3-4 meets. Caution, though - the traffic along Carlisle's two-lane road gets really backed up, so go early or plan on slow trog.

I would certainly expect that on any of the Domestic shows "Mustang nationals" etc.. not sure the Porsche Car crowd will fill up that facility the same way. Could be wrong though.. Lots of pent up traveling in 2020 could lead to a blow out 2021!

Looking forward to it.. assuming some yet unknown events don't push this one off my calendar.

Judging by Google maps and the pic, the place looks like it could get muddy quickly vs the large lots of Hershey.
gereed75
There is a blacktop paved area at the fairgrounds where they hold AX you can see it along the turnpike when passing by.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.