Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT tribute Spotted on a morning drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Retroracer
Like many other places, car gatherings in CA have been few and far between in this pandemic situation we find ourselves in. As a result, I have been missing meeting and interacting with other members of my tribe and their vehicles...!

While out for a solo drive this morning though, someone yelled at me while I was stopped at a light in town: "Nice! there's another GT parked over there! A blue one - you should check it out".

Turns out there was a low key BMW 2002 gathering, with a few other cars showing up. But this caught my eye, which I'm sure a few of you will recognize:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Spoke to the new owner, he seemed very happy with it. Panel fit and finish was great, paint was really nice. Looking in the frunk, no expense spared on cooler, metal GT shroud, etc.

It's nicely done, just don't like the color and some of the detail choices. That aside: Good to see it out and about and being enjoyed!

- Tony
Cairo94507
Nice find and thanks for the pictures. beerchug.gif
Olympic 914
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Oct 17 2020, 06:23 PM) *

It's nicely done, just don't like the color and some of the detail choices. Good to see it out and about and being enjoyed!

- Tony

Those are the things that make it "His Car"

Many things about my car are not traditional. and not for everybody. But that's what at makes it My Car.
Mueller
Glad it stayed in the Bay Area. Doing some stalking on BAT it looks like he won an auction on another 914 earlier in the year, a nice green /4.
porschetub
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Oct 18 2020, 11:23 AM) *

Like many other places, car gatherings in CA have been few and far between in this pandemic situation we find ourselves in. As a result, I have been missing meeting and interacting with other members of my tribe and their vehicles...!

While out for a solo drive this morning though, someone yelled at me while I was stopped at a light in town: "Nice! there's another GT parked over there! A blue one - you should check it out".

Turns out there was a low key BMW 2002 gathering, with a few other cars showing up. But this caught my eye, which I'm sure a few of you will recognize:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Spoke to the new owner, he seemed very happy with it. Panel fit and finish was great, paint was really nice. Looking in the frunk, no expense spared on cooler, metal GT shroud, etc.

It's nicely done, just don't like the color and some of the detail choices. That aside: Good to see it out and about and being enjoyed!

- Tony

Colours ?? are very debated issue,I like it but IMO don't like dark wheels with darker exterior paint,seems to work with white and silver but ...
Besides that it sounds like very good car and looks to be done on a high standard ,nice to see pics.
eric9144
Happy to see that the new owner is doing the best thing he can, driving and using it! driving.gif beerchug.gif first.gif
rgalla9146
I'd love to see any Porsche when I go on a Sunday morning solo.
Colors are personal.
Overall I like this combination.
Beautiful.
brcacti
I wish I would see one in the wild, very scarce around S. AZ. My local VW mechanic just bought a 64 or 66 VW to restore again.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(brcacti @ Oct 18 2020, 09:12 AM) *

I wish I would see one in the wild, very scarce around S. AZ. My local VW mechanic just bought a 64 or 66 VW to restore again.

Have you got a chance to contact or met Forrestkhaag? He use to lived here in SoCal but now live in his house in Arizona. It show Scottsdale on his member ID.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.