Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: heater box cable clip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hndyhrr
I removed, cleaned up and reinstalled heater box in the pumpkin (70) got the cable into barrel nut and tightened now that dam clip that holds the cable in place I can't get it snapped on. Any ideas, thoughts??????

Thanks
Renee
cary
Click to view attachment

????
hndyhrr
QUOTE(cary @ Oct 18 2020, 11:06 AM) *

that is the clip but it is under the heater box and a b---h to get to

cary
I use a pair of kneedlenose and a tiny screwdriver.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Oct 18 2020, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(cary @ Oct 18 2020, 11:06 AM) *

that is the clip but it is under the heater box and a b---h to get to

ooops heater blower box. For some reason i can not attach pic of where the clip goes
framos914
Going through the same issue.
I get it to go on using needle nose and screwdriver but as I try to install heater box it keeps coming off.
Just ordered new retainer clips, hopefully they will stay on during instalation of Box.
Click to view attachment
hndyhrr
QUOTE(framos914 @ Oct 18 2020, 11:54 AM) *

I get it to go on using needle nose and screwdriver but as I try to install heater box it keeps coming off.
Just ordered new retainer clips, hopefully they will stay on during instalation of Box.
Click to view attachment

I have box installed, thinking about pulling it out again. where did you get clips?

Thanks
Gint
QUOTE(cary @ Oct 18 2020, 12:08 PM) *

Talk about an oxymoron "Fast Clamp - Porsche (901-571-919-00)"
framos914
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Oct 18 2020, 12:04 PM) *

QUOTE(framos914 @ Oct 18 2020, 11:54 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I have box installed, thinking about pulling it out again. where did you get clips?

Thanks

Ordered mine from Sierra Madre Collection. A little more expensive, $4.75 each, ordered a couple extra just in case I break one trying to get it on.
framos914
Got the new clips today. Worked well stayed in place but air box installation was still a PITA. Thanks to Ian's tips it went a little smoother. Click to view attachment
hndyhrr
QUOTE(framos914 @ Oct 23 2020, 08:57 AM) *

Got the new clips today. Worked well stayed in place but air box installation was still a PITA. Thanks to Ian's tips it went a little smoother. Click to view attachment

Ordered mine from pelican, they arrive today. Hopefully it will go on somewhat easier as box is installed already.
iankarr
Yep. Not fun. Glad the video helped you. Adding it here so anyone watching this thread in the future has it handy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhs6pedBOXM...channel=IanKarr

Unfortunately, I couldn't get a camera in position to show how the clips go, but it's pretty self explanatory. The last one pretty much needs to be done by feel unless all the cables are out of the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.