Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tail light staying on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DANNYMAC
The other day, I pulled off the road, key off and out. I then noticed the passenger side tail light was on ? Disconnected the wire, went out, put the wire back on, lights on ? I since have been unable to reproduce this ? Any knowledge ? Help ?
Rider914
If you leave the turn signal lever on it will do that - Marker light or something
eric9144
QUOTE(Rider914 @ Oct 19 2020, 12:59 PM) *

If you leave the turn signal lever on it will do that - Marker light or something

agree.gif
Make sure your turn signal switch is in neutral
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(Rider914 @ Oct 19 2020, 02:59 PM) *

Ah ha ! that's probably it ! Thanks 2Rider914 and @eric9144
eric9144
It was apparently a 'feature' for parking, I think the idea is that if you're parked parallel on a street you could illuminate the outside (road side) light for visibility. beerchug.gif
rgalla9146
So the corner of your car would be seen when parked on narrow European streets
Rider914
Everyone here has scratched their head and wondered why half the car is lit up one time or another - Welcome to the club.

Rumor is that BMW's would do the same, but so far no driver has used their signal to activate it.
GregAmy
QUOTE(Rider914 @ Oct 20 2020, 01:10 PM) *

Rumor is that BMW's would do the same, but so far no driver has used their signal to activate it.

av-943.gif
73-914
Must be the same for Mercedes-Benz
Mark Henry
Another old fart left the turn signal on. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.