Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UPS goodie delivery :) LC-1 O2 wideband
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Just walked back to shipping/recieving to see if UPS came by with my goodies...yippeeeeee

This is an exhaust O2 wideband sensor and controller.

What is nice about this package is that for me, it'll allow my new FI to get accurate air/fuel readings for tuning and running in a safe range.

What is also cool about this new item from Innovate is that the cable has an out to plug into my laptop or PC, I can then take the information and do datalogging to see excactly how the motor performs....this can be done with carbs or even D-Jet or L-jet if you do the wiring to the sensors (carbs would need a TPS, no big deal to add)

They used to ship in a plain cardboard box, now it comes with fancy graphics wacko.gif
Mueller
for $199.00, I don't think there is anything else out there that can touch it.......plug in the numbers for your car such as weight and it'll spit out numbers as if you had it on a dyno

anthony
I thought you already had the LM-1? How's this differ?
Mueller
what sucks is that I'll be gone for a week and won't be able to use it headbang.gif
Aaron Cox
no controller. just a sensor that hooks up to moset EFI systems....

LM-1 has a standalone contoller
Mueller
QUOTE (anthony @ Jul 14 2005, 01:45 PM)
I thought you already had the LM-1? How's this differ?

the LM-1 is a handheld device (cost $350) which does the same thing and has a display to show the air-fuel or Lambda reading

I wanted to be able to run the O2 sensor on my car full time instead of just using the LM-1 for tuning...I went in as "partners" with Mark D and James M to on the LM-1 to help with the cost. Mark and I have been using it the most, luckly James has not needed it yet smile.gif

The device I just bought could be used on another car as well, you just have to have a laptop or PC to get the info.

Mueller
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jul 14 2005, 01:47 PM)
no controller. just a sensor that hooks up to moset EFI systems....

LM-1 has a standalone contoller

actually, the LC-1 will do everything the LM-1 does except not digitally display the Lambda values.....
bondo
Would this thing plug into my Holley projection on my Mustang? That thing has been nothing but trouble. Last fill I got 11 MPG!!! What on earth made Holley think they could do closed loop O2 tuning with no MAP sensor? That's like trying to use steel wool to buff out the grand canyon! (end rant)
Mueller
QUOTE (bondo @ Jul 14 2005, 01:54 PM)
Would this thing plug into my Holley projection on my Mustang? That thing has been nothing but trouble. Last fill I got 11 MPG!!! What on earth made Holley think they could do closed loop O2 tuning with no MAP sensor? That's like trying to use steel wool to buff out the grand canyon! (end rant)

you have to supply your own MAP sensor, no big deal, you could use a junkyard part and just supply 5vdc to power it....
JeffBowlsby
This looks great Mike...

So if I have an O2 bung in my exhaust system (I do!), and I install the LC-1 O2 sensor into the bung and plug the other end of the cable into my laptop, with their software I can retrieve A/F Ratio number data across the RPM band for tuning?

Is it that easy?

Does it provide any other data? Is there any other equipment needed?
Mueller
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Jul 14 2005, 05:29 PM)
This looks great Mike...

So if I have an O2 bung in my exhaust system (I do!), and I install the LC-1 O2 sensor into the bung and plug the other end of the cable into my laptop, with their software I can retrieve A/F Ratio number data across the RPM band for tuning?

Is it that easy?

Does it provide any other data? Is there any other equipment needed?

Yes.....want to borrow it while I'm gone??

I (we) also have the additional cables that would allow you to also in real time graph and capture your RPM, and the following if you wire it up:

CHT, MAP, ATS, TPS (you'd want a pot. type TPS, but one could easily be adapted, in fact I think GM has a TPS that uses a lever for actuation) and other variables as well.

In "theory", you should be able to use the LM-1 or the LC-1 to get all of the parameters from your engine and use this data to program an aftermarket Fuel Injection and have it run near perfect the 1st time you turn the key as long as you don't make any major modifications to the engine.
Mark Henry
Wideband is the only way to fly.

My narrow band had me way to rich...picked up almost 10MPG (and power) when my SDS was tuned with a wideband.

"theory" doesn't work...tuning time does the job.
JeffBowlsby
I would love to borrow it Mike...sometime...no time right now. I guess I will have to be content with your posts on how it goes... biggrin.gif
airsix
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Jul 15 2005, 04:35 AM)
Wideband is the only way to fly.

My narrow band had me way to rich...picked up almost 10MPG (and power) when my SDS was tuned with a wideband.

"theory" doesn't work...tuning time does the job.

I back Mark on this 100% to the letter. This was my experience as well.

-Ben M.
Mueller
Hey Mark and Ben,

Are you running the WBO2 for normal everyday operation or did you use it only for tuning??

airsix
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jul 15 2005, 08:50 AM)
Hey Mark and Ben,

Are you running the WBO2 for normal everyday operation or did you use it only for tuning??

I use it for normal every day...tuning. laugh.gif
I could take it off the car if it weren't for the fact that I keep changing the equipment. I put the LM1 on to "do final tuning", but then... since it's been on the car I've changed injectors, changed fuel pressure 3 times, changed some turbo plumbing, changed MAP port location, changed turbo intakes... It never ends. Next up, different injectors again, intercooler, muffler delete?, and who-knows what else. confused24.gif I hope to settle on a configuration before September and stick with it for at least 6 months durring which time I will take off the LM-1.

-Ben M.
Mark Henry
All my gear is still on the car...even though I haven't touched it since I programmed it. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.