Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Buying Bank Certificate of Deposits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Does anybody know of a brokerage that will allow you to buy from a large selection of Bank Certificate of Deposits (CDs) without having to open an account at each individual bank?

I want to be able to search for the highest yielding bank CDs and buy through a brokerage.

I know I can find bank CD rates at www.bankrate.com, but I am interested in the brokerage/purchasing side.

Thanks,

Qarl
Mueller
We only have CD's thru a couple credit unions....we also have been using ING lately.
ematulac
I don't know if that is a service that can be offered by brokerages. At the credit union where I work, CD's are treated as a share (savings) account. By definition, you would need to have a share account in order to open a CD. It's been a while since I worked at BofA or Wells Fargo, but I think they do it the same way. In fact, Wells Fargo groups CD's with savings accounts on their website.

(ShamelessPlug) By the way, we have some pretty good rates here. We are even trying out a promotional 6-month 10% (yes, 10%) CD in one of our branches right now. smile.gif (/ShamelessPlug)
airsix
Qarl, what you are looking for is called a "brokered CD". They are underwritten by various banks and sold in the secondary market. Any brokerage firm will be able to provide these. You've got my email - use it if you want to discuss futher. I can't say more in an open forum for regulatory reasons.

-Ben M.
ematulac
QUOTE (airsix @ Jul 14 2005, 03:07 PM)
Qarl, what you are looking for is called a "brokered CD". They are underwritten by various banks and sold in the secondary market. Any brokerage firm will be able to provide these. You've got my email - use it if you want to discuss futher. I can't say more in an open forum for regulatory reasons.

-Ben M.

I learn something new everyday.

Ben, you stick out like a licensed financial adviser. wink.gif
redshift
QUOTE (airsix @ Jul 14 2005, 06:07 PM)
I can't say more in an open forum for regulatory reasons.

-Ben M.

Bob Brinker is my hero. I hope to gain critical mass sometime around 2010.. or sooner damnit!

I hope one day to eat lunch with the Oracle of Yamaha, or something.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.