Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ADDCO Rear Bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
Does anyone have experience with the ADDCO 974 rear swaybar? Pricing is good and it seems like I could adapt it to mount to the shock bolts with minimal effort.
Mark Henry
I have real old one kicking around somewhere, IIRC it really sucked (attachment) compared to a stock bar.
yeahmag
Yeah. The default attachment method appears to be drilling a hole through the trailling arm in front of the "axle hole" and through bolting it.
Chris914n6
Moving the attachment point will make it stiffer.

But really, it's not a good design thus it never became common.
carr914
I know the Owner of ADDCO personally

Find a Better Bar
Tdskip
To be fair I have not tried any of their products on a 914, but have used them for our applications and they just never seem to fit right.
maf914
I put a pair of ADDCO sway bars on my old 1992 Nissan pickup (back when imported pickups were small) along with some Tokico shocks. Not bad. They really tightened up the handling. Don't know anything about their 914 bars.
914Toy
If you are not going to track/auto cross your car, some of us believe you do not need a rear anti sway bar.
yeahmag
Oh I’m way out in left field here. I will be running over twice the normal autocross spring rate on the rear and am considering a rear sway bar to be able to back that down a bit. At the very least a tuning device.

If anyone in SoCal has a bar I can test with and potentially buy, let me know.
sixnotfour
addco on my dads 914 used a piece of angle iron on shock bolt .
Johny Blackstain
I'm quite satisfied with my rear Addco, however it's bolted to a Eaton limited slip with 3/4 ton springs & air shocks... biggrin.gif
Tdskip
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Oct 24 2020, 07:25 AM) *

I'm quite satisfied with my rear Addco, however it's bolted to a Eaton limited slip with 3/4 ton springs & air shocks... biggrin.gif

Ha!
maf914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 23 2020, 02:35 AM) *

I know the Owner of ADDCO personally - Lying Ass Ed is what I call him

Find a Better Bar

av-943.gif Wow!
Chris914n6
Don't have my notes handy, but the stock rear bar calculated out to only around 30 lbs/in. Significant on a 110lb stock spring but not so much at double...

Depending on your front bar you might want to go for the adjustable race spec version from whoever is making them these days.

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Oct 23 2020, 07:08 PM) *

Oh I’m way out in left field here. I will be running over twice the normal autocross spring rate on the rear and am considering a rear sway bar to be able to back that down a bit. At the very least a tuning device.

If anyone in SoCal has a bar I can test with and potentially buy, let me know.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.