IPB Image

IPB Image
john77
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

brcacti
Thanks for showing the pics, is that black and orange a bumblebee look alike?
john77
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

mjrrti
QUOTE(brcacti @ Oct 22 2020, 03:48 PM) *

That is my car. After I painted the hot rod black on the body and already had the Dan Gurney wheels I wanted to do something different instead of polishing them. I saw Porsche race cars with Orange wheels somewhere online. That is where I came up with the idea for the color choice and I did basically copy what is painted yellow on a bumblebee but also smoothed and painted the top. I think their wheels had a polished outer lip, my are completely painted. It has a 2.2 NA Subaru for power hooked to the stock trans with a Kennedy adapter plate. On the way home I ran with 2 sixes over Hwy 2 into Wrightwood. I am not sure how bad I slowed them down but it was a blast. You will have to ask Coondog and 914Toy how much they had back off to let me stay with them. driving.gif
brcacti
QUOTE(mjrrti @ Oct 22 2020, 04:20 PM) *

That is my car. After I painted the hot rod black on the body and already had the Dan Gurney wheels I wanted to do something different instead of polishing them. I saw Porsche race cars with Orange wheels somewhere online. That is where I came up with the idea for the color choice and I did basically copy what is painted yellow on a bumblebee but also smoothed and painted the top. I think their wheels had a polished outer lip, my are completely painted. It has a 2.2 NA Subaru for power hooked to the stock trans with a Kennedy adapter plate. On the way home I ran with 2 sixes over Hwy 2 into Wrightwood. I am not sure how bad I slowed them down but it was a blast. You will have to ask Coondog and 914Toy how much they had back off to let me stay with them. driving.gif

Looks good I think
mjrrti
QUOTE(brcacti @ Oct 22 2020, 04:58 PM) *

QUOTE(mjrrti @ Oct 22 2020, 04:20 PM) *

Looks good I think

Thank you. It gets a lot of attention everywhere I go especially from kids. I think that is pretty common for any 914 though. Any place I park someone has a comment or question about it.
Matty900
Great pictures. Thank you for sharing. beerchug.gif That was a great day.
driver27
Reviving this old thread...
This was an awesome meetup that I happened to get mixed up in when I was driving my mini at the time (I'm actually in a few of these photos admiring various 914s wink.gif

Any plans to do an ACH drive like this again? I would love to bring out my 914 that I acquired a few months after the event in 2020...

If not, I'm happy to help arrange something.. let's do it! driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.