Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie Parting Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
I am a long time 911 guy and just jumped into the 914 game several months ago thanks to some other board members. I am reconstructing a 914 and purchased another to complete some of the missing parts and plan on selling off what I do not need, but am wondering what has value and what does not? I already sold the stock radio for $50, and had someone not told me I would have just thrown it away? I also see items like visor mounts going for $30 and stock mirrors going for $40 on eBay?? I have items like the stock lug covers (the little plastic covers) and do not know if there is any value to things like this? I just want to make my money back and maybe a bit more to help with the restore of my other, but I want to make sure I do not discard items that others may want. What are the parts that I will be surprised have value - like visor clips??

Thanks
Allan
What year is the parts car?
tat2dphreak
how are the suspension console/ears? I know someone needing those... smile.gif

upper and lower dash, targa bar(above the back glass), chrome bumpers, good calipers, good, used shocks, sway bar... it's all got SOME value

early door panels, etc... we need pics to really help

also, GOOD(I mean PERFECT) shift knobs, bring INSANE(assinine even) prices...

if mine was perfect I'd sell it just to make some coin.
GTeener
Post what you've got on the Club's classifieds & look for the WTB (Want to Buy) listings.

How bad is the donor car?

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
bondo
If the car looks nice, DO NOT post puctures of the whole thing! (see the "parting is such sweet sorrow" megathread) smile.gif
GTeener
chairfall.gif

Shhhh!!!!!!! slap.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 14 2005, 01:36 PM)

Thanks Wayne! beerchug.gif

Yep, I'm needin' the rear suspension consoles if they're not already rusted out.

Just chop on the red line (both sides, inner and outer).

Thanks!

-Kevin
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Special_K @ Jul 14 2005, 05:16 PM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 14 2005, 01:36 PM)

Thanks Wayne! beerchug.gif

Yep, I'm needin' the rear suspension consoles if they're not already rusted out.

Just chop on the red line (both sides, inner and outer).

Thanks!

-Kevin

like I said I'd save them all like stray dogs if I could... but if a 3/4 dead car has to be sacrificed, I'm ALL FOR IT... it's the 90% complete runners I have issue with cutting
vesnyder
It's a '74 1.8 (I think) - sure about the 1.8, not the year? I'll post a pic. The shift knob is in great shape on top, but is broken around the base. Can't get it started (did not try real hard) and the body has a ton of surface rust but I have not fully determined how bad the rest of the car is. I did remove the rockers and it did not look terminal - rust hole underneath the jack hole. What do you think??
vesnyder
Here's another ...
Andyrew
The interior would make major coin. It is very nice.

Dash top is worth 150-300 to the right buyer. If it is perfect.

Door panels are worth 50+

Seats (If they are nice) are worth 100+

backpad is worth 100 nice....

Looks like really nice interior...

Windshield is worth 100+

hoods arnt worth much...

Engine's worth a couple hundred.

Trani's worth 100+

cv's 50

tail lights, and front lights are about 25 a piece.

doors arnt much...

side mirrors fetch 50 a piece sometimes.

Check if any mods are done to the suspension. THen that will be worth something.

IF it has sway bars, those are 50-100.

Did I miss anything?

Post more pics of it.

Good luck!
SirAndy
looks like a '74 ...
SirAndy
give us a pic of the hell-hole. maybe the car can be saved!

smile.gif Andy
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Jul 15 2005, 03:28 PM)
The interior would make major coin. It is very nice.

agree.gif

that's a nicer interior than most of us have... traga bar above the back glass will bring 200 easy if it's in good shape(NO cracks)

gauges are clear, that's worth some $$ too...

calipers are worth $40/pair or so...

and yes, it MAY even be salvageable for someone willing to put some time into it... if the longs and hell hole aren't TOO far gone...
ninefourteener
I don't know if the bumper tops are in good shape..... but if they are... they go for quite a bit.

Wonder why I know that?? LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.