Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many own a Jacking pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
idea.gif & use it?
I know for myself Ive owned one or more, for years! but never bothered to use it.
In fact I couldn't remember ever having used the factory jack in the jack post receiver
until shortly ago when I got a flat & broke out the ridiculously pristine Jack and stood there with some trepidation before plugging it into the long and raising the entire side of the car. aktion035.gif
Worked perfect. & pretty easy. the only thing I didnt like was the foot of the jack which seemed kinda ...not well thought out.

happy11.gif
orthobiz
I own one.
Never used it.
Afraid to use it.

Paul
Craigers17
QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 22 2020, 06:17 PM) *

idea.gif & use it?
I know for myself Ive owned one or more, for years! but never bothered to use it.
In fact I couldn't remember ever having used the factory jack in the jack post receiver
until shortly ago when I got a flat & broke out the ridiculously pristine Jack and stood there with some trepidation before plugging it into the long and raising the entire side of the car. aktion035.gif
Worked perfect. & pretty easy. the only thing I didnt like was the foot of the jack which seemed kinda ...not well thought out.

happy11.gif

While it might be like my irrational fear of clowns, that jack post receiver just scares me. I refuse to put anything in there except a plug.
bbrock
I use mine all the time. Prefer it to a floor jack to be honest.
914-300Hemi
I use mine all the time also.
Gint
I have two. And I'll use one in a heartbeat to rotate tires front to back. It's good to know the car isn't so rusty that it won't fold in half. It would make a great shot in a for sale ad, but you rarely see it done.
cary
I have 3.
Used one of them today.
dangrouche
I have a pair and use them with a two floor jacks at the same time to raise the car. Been using them for the past 30 years.
VegasRacer
I own one and use it sometimes. (depending on the task.)

I own eight jack stands and use some every time the car is off the ground.
BuddyV
.... let's see one in use.... can someone post a pic?

Do you place anything between the jack and the plate??? And do BOTH wheels on one side of the car raise up off the ground???
steuspeed
Used mine while working on the fuel pump area passenger side. It gave me a little more space.
914Sixer
I have two, but mostly use jacking donuts on the pan.
GeorgeRud
I use mine but attached a piece of 2x4 (that fits in my floor jack saddle) to it so I could lift my car a bit higher. Not as much now that I purchased a scissor lift.
jim_hoyland
I used to use one, the base of the jack always seemed a bit unstable....
gonzo54
I use my Jacking Pad all of the time-fast and easy. I have a 4X4 on the floor jack to get additional height for the jack stands.
VaccaRabite
I uses to use mine all the time. Now I have better and safer tools. But if I had a flat I'd use it.

Zach
SirAndy
I use mine all the time.

But then, i have a full rollcage and using the stock jack point raises the whole side of the car and i can remove both wheels on that side at the same time.
popcorn[1].gif

burton73
I have used mine for over 30 years. I lift a car with it on the right side and open and close the door to prove that the car is solid. Too much work to find the video of this when I sold my 76 cars to Daxx. Door opens and closes perfectly.

Bob B
Mark Henry
Never owned one.
Racer
Have one. Use it often with my floor jack and a piece of wood between the jack and the pad.
Rider914
Jacking Pad? Sounds personal to me...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.