Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electric Windows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DANNYMAC
A pain to reach the passenger window winder, would love to be able to roll the passenger window down from the drivers side. Damn I am getting "old" and to used to the comforts of my newer cars...
horizontally-opposed
One more of those "damn, I must be getting old" things for me too, as I can still reach across but it's a reach. Which means I just leave it down or up when an adjust would make the drive nicer.

I think the kits have become pretty nice now and not that heavy?

Always thought it would be cool to somehow use the 914's factory window winders as up/down switches, with a tiny switch near the driver's side to switch its control from left to right much like some mirror controls do.

But it's waaaaay down my list of projects.
Chris914n6
I've had power windows for 20 years now. Spal kit.
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Oct 23 2020, 01:12 PM) *

One more of those "damn, I must be getting old" things for me too, as I can still reach across but it's a reach. Which means I just leave it down or up when an adjust would make the drive nicer.

I think the kits have become pretty nice now and not that heavy?

Always thought it would be cool to somehow use the 914's factory window winders as up/down switches, with a tiny switch near the driver's side to switch its control from left to right much like some mirror controls do.

But it's waaaaay down my list of projects.

Like the way you are thinking...
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Oct 23 2020, 01:41 PM) *

Where did you get it ?
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Oct 23 2020, 01:41 PM) *

Nevermind, looked it up "Discontinued" in 2017
Mueller
My twin girls think the roll up windows are the neatest thing in my 914 and old Volvo.

That being said it would be nice to have the option to just push a button and keep the look of the old handles.
jim_hoyland
I have them. There’s a thread by Dr Evil showing how he installed the Spal set. I have an unused Spal set for sale. Still in original box
See: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=48405&hl=
IronHillRestorations
I’ve got a used Spal kit that I’ve had for years in a box of parts I got in a package deal. If interested PM me
dakotaewing
You might also take a look at this -

https://914electric.wordpress.com/2011/03/0...ectric-windows/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.