Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proportioning Valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gary@g2risk.com
Can someone tell me the best way to remove the two lower 10mm bolts that hold the proportioning valve to the mounting plate? doesn't seem to be enough room to get any type of tool or socket in it?

Thanks
GG
73 2.0
bdstone914
10mm box end wrench. Most have an angle that raises the handke above the surface.
Mark Henry
I collect cheap wrenches, sockets, etc. to mod into other purpose tools.
I have quite the collection of shop made tools, some successful, some not as much, but it's nice to have the tools to make tools.
gary@g2risk.com
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 25 2020, 01:04 PM) *

I collect cheap wrenches, sockets, etc. to mod into other purpose tools.
I have quite the collection of shop made tools, some successful, some not as much, but it's nice to have the tools to make tools.

Thanks, I'm going to dry grinding the wall of the wrench down a bit to see if I can get enough clearance to the wrench on it.
rgalla9146
aren't they supposed to be allens ?.....the four around the bracket ?
altitude411
It's not a proportioning valve. It is a pressure regulator... beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
Montreal914
Looking at this pictures, it seems like you would remove the regulator first, then the bracket maybe... confused24.gif
altitude411
edit
rgalla9146
To be a little kinder it is difficult to remove or install.
That workshop picture is upside down and very misleading.
It does show a 6 chassis. The area is tight and crowded with little room to move tools.
OP are you trying to disassemble it in the chassis ?
Remove the feed fitting, remove the two thirteens then lower assembly to detach the
hollow bolt. Enjoy the bath.
fiacra
edit.
914_teener
Without a doubt....this is the most frustrating assembly in a 914 to do. Fresh air fan and control cables are a close second.

I think I came up with a few new expletives doing this job
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.