Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 10 fastest cars from zero
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
brcacti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdax9aNI7xc
second wind
Anybody heard of a Draco? Four electric engines $1.3 mil and only 25 of them so far....say one in Calabasas, California the other day....supposed to be fast....did I miss it on the list?
gg
brcacti
QUOTE(second wind @ Oct 25 2020, 04:21 PM) *

Anybody heard of a Draco? Four electric engines $1.3 mil and only 25 of them so far....say one in Calabasas, California the other day....supposed to be fast....did I miss it on the list?
gg

These make interesting videos BUT I doubt most of these type videos are completely accurate.
second wind
Personally I would prefer driving my '73 2.0....just did and had a blast after clutch cable replacement and adjustment dial in. Going over 200 mph scares me as does over 100 mph and if I went from 0 to 100 in 1.9 seconds I'd bet I would pass out. Plus the stress of driving a million plus dollar car with that milk truck behind me at a stop light and the driver is texting....I am learning that less is more in my life....don't know about anyone else....plus my 914 keeps me up at night as it is. At that speed a tire issue could ruin your whole day. This is the same reason I loved my Norton 750 Commando so much.....you think you are screaming through the curves but you look down and you are going 62 miles per hour...in the straight-a way....914 top off cruise at 50 mph works just great for me.....the $1,000,000 plus cost isn't even an issue as I know my Iraqi dinars are going to re-value any minute now....
All the best,
gg
brcacti
Agreed, the 914s are FUN not super cars. Sure if I was a multimillionaire I would have one on the video but that is never going to happen. I am just glad I have some type of classic car to make my life a little more fun. I do like looking at some of these ultra modern cars, quite interesting.
RARE 6
I tell those who ask that my original -6 is "quick", not "fast". Then usually have to explain it's the total experience, not just acceleration, that I like.
I've driven and owned both kinds...still think its more fun to drive a slower car fast. Emphasized long ago when a Corvette club with no track experience asked some of us PCA instructors to show them the ropes. Talk about opposites!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.