Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pomona Swap Meet, SoCal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
I'm looking for some '87-'89 Carrera axles, and I'm wondering if the Pomona Swap Meet is a worthwhile venture? What used to be a Porsche/Vette meet seems to have turned into an anything goes meet. Opinions? It'll be damned hot, so I want to make sure it's worth the efffort (about an hour drive for me). GAF is comming soon; that a better place to shop?

Andy
Aaron Cox
not really. P car stuff is dwindling.......

others may chime in....

AA
SLITS
Didn't we just do this......you may find some eleben parts.

Since it's gonna be 105+....you better have water-cooled shoes and a few other things.
justoracle
Not worth it... Last time I went, there was only one guy with 914 parts. None that I could use.
andys
Thanks guys!!!

105+ and few P parts........I ain't goin'

Andy
MattR
I went once last year to find some wheels and carbs, but there were much better deals on the net. I ended up getting some bugpack stuff and lug nuts, but it wasnt worth my time and money. It may be cool for vw or chevy stuff, but i didnt find much 914 stuff there.
JoeSharp
Yes we did just do this. I go to every one. Sometimes I score and sometimes I just get a long walk. You never can tell, last time there were about 8 914s. More 911 parts than 914. Linda (/L.), Scott (skline), Mark (markydoo), Thomas (one914racer) and myself are going. I like to be there by 7. I'll be the one pushing the wheelchair.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
db9146
What about the event coming up in September? Its being billed as Porsche-only. Anyone know what to expect then/there?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (db9146 @ Jul 14 2005, 06:56 PM)
What about the event coming up in September? Its being billed as Porsche-only. Anyone know what to expect then/there?

German Auto Fest, in Ventura. The Cap'n, the lovely (and saintly) Lyn, Mark, and Marcie will be there in the same 4 spaces we had last year. Mikey and Manfred, too. Big deal, lotsa people, and Porsche related stuff ONLY. Well, nearly so. Wholesale, retail, tools, parts, cars, memorabilia, it's all there. September 10-11. The Cap'n
Aaron Cox
if all the socal yokels are going... i may go.

AA
bernbomb914
wishy washy Aaron cant make up his mind. Go early leave early because all the good buys will be gone.

Bernie
Elliot_Cannon
There is a good chance I will go. The heat doesn't bother me that much. Bring water and sunblock. I go for the people watching and to check out all the cars as much as anything else. It's fairly cheap entertainment. Hey! AAAron! Who you calling a yokel?
Cheers, Elliot
SLITS
finger.gif

Allan
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jul 14 2005, 09:00 PM)

AA

I thought you were having your flares put on tomorrow?
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jul 15 2005, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jul 14 2005, 09:00 PM)

AA

I thought you were having your flares put on tomorrow?

"Yokel flares". They're made of cardboard and go on with double back tape. They look OK but you can't drive in the rain. biggrin.gif
Elliot
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jul 15 2005, 10:10 AM)
finger.gif

finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif
SLITS
Well Elliot, you been spending to much time in the rarified air...better be putting that oxy mask on......that finger was aimed at A-aron Admin......but since you took offense anyway........would you like to buy a vowel?

user posted image
Aaron Cox
the swap is on sunday i thought????? headbang.gif
Allan
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jul 15 2005, 11:54 AM)
the swap is on sunday i thought????? headbang.gif

IT is. wink.gif
ematulac
QUOTE (bernbomb914 @ Jul 14 2005, 09:16 PM)
Go early leave early because all the good buys will be gone.

Bernie

agree.gif

That's the best way to do it. A lot of the vendors leave early, too. Plus you get to beat the worst of the heat. It's a long walk back to the parking lot at 100+ degrees.
skline
I usually go around 5 in the morning and am one of the first in the gate. When I do go, I am out of there by 10 and on my way home already. I dont see myself staying all that long this time as I have no money to spend on car stuff. I am just going to hang with the "Yokels" as Aaron so elequently put it and to watch people too, amazing how little the women wear when the temps go up. wub.gif drooley.gif
Lou W
Where do you park? do you come in off the 10 to Fairplex Drive? or do you come in on the north side?
SLITS
Well Miles otta be in on this.....Fried Yokel is a favorite dish in the South!
skline
QUOTE (Lou W @ Jul 15 2005, 04:39 PM)
Where do you park? do you come in off the 10 to Fairplex Drive? or do you come in on the north side?

I come in off the 10, there is usually a line to get into the gate when it opens. A long line from past experience. If I got there at 4 there would still be a line. cool.gif
Lou W
That's the way I usually come in, 5:00 is sure early, I'd have to leave my house around 4:00. I usually don't roll in untill 10:00, but, all the good deals are gone by then. smile.gif
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jul 15 2005, 11:20 AM)
Well Elliot, you been spending to much time in the rarified air...better be putting that oxy mask on......that finger was aimed at A-aron Admin......but since you took offense anyway........would you like to buy a vowel?

user posted image

Sorry Slits. I don't need a vowel. What I need is a clue.
Cheers, Elliot
sean_v8_914
the line starts the night before around 11pm. if you have never been, it is awesome to see. although there may not be alot of 914 stuff, teh Ford and Chevy vintage is sweet to see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.