Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What kind of air dryer do I need
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
maxwelj
Need suggestions and sources for air dryer/oil knockout equipment. Got any?
bondo
I just use a standard drainable water separater, plus a disposable water trap at the gun. But I've only painted a car once. Not sure what the pros use.
TravisNeff
Air dryers can get pretty spendy. However you can get a cambell Hausfield unit that is low capacity from harbor frieght for under $300.00 If you use all rubber hose going from your compressor a water trap will do little for you, the air wont cool enough for the water to condense. I have a air oiler and an air/air unit that works a little bit but once that compresser is fully drained and you are using basically the motor only, you will still get water coming out past the AFRs.
redshift
How humid is it in Ok where you are?

Option: Rent a turbine.

M
maxwelj
90 + F and 50-60 % at best this time of year. I guess I can put a drierite cartridge on the gun...
jasons
I just used a cheap water trap and then a last chance drier filter on the gun. I also set-up a cooling loop.
bondo
I bet if you don't paint often and just want dry air every once in a while.. You could coil up a 25' hose in a cooler, pack it in ice, and put your water trap after it.
jasons
QUOTE (bondo @ Jul 14 2005, 04:10 PM)
I bet if you don't paint often and just want dry air every once in a while.. You could coil up a 25' hose in a cooler, pack it in ice, and put your water trap after it.

Thats almost exactly what I did.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.