Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 10K racing tach replica 914/6 GT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Retroracer
This 10K tachometer is a replica based on a “silver dot” VDO Porsche 914 donor. 1969 casing. It is modified to emulate the Porsche racing items that were fitted to racing and special build vehicles like the 914/6 GT, 911 S/T and others by the factory. While retaining the casing and some of the original components, the near-50 year old VDO mechanism is removed and replaced with a modern Bosch tachometer core, allowing steady RPM indication, operation up to 10,000 rpm, plus well controlled transient behavior of the iconic VDO silver dot indicator needle.

The original 10K VDO tachs (901.741.302.06) were intentionally designed with no red line area on the fascia, presumably to allow a suitable value to be quickly marked up with tape by the mechanics before the event, based on the particular engine build and gear ratios, etc. The replica uses a German-sourced high quality fascia, with correct lettering and window cutouts for L/R indicators and high beam.

The unit is modified and tested to be used with six-cylinder engines, and accepts a wide range of tach inputs (3- or 6-pin Bosch CDI, MSD, etc). The bezel rings were sanded down & refinished, the glass cleaned and the casing restored sparingly, preserving any date stamps and “test” markings where possible.

I have a few more units I've made like this one, with later date codes. PM me if you have a particular year requirement.

Asking $550 shipped in CONUS; or best offer.

- Tony

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Retroracer
Few more shots:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

- Tony
gereed75
OK Tony, I need this like a hole in the head but I want it...so I'll take it. where do I Pay?

By the way, going on a six with 3 pin CDI and optical points my original six stock one is working, in its bouncy sort of old school way.
Retroracer
Its yours! I'll PM you PayPal details.

- Tony
gereed75
PayPal sent
914forme
aktion035.gif Rock on Tony Rock on
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.