Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 rear caliper piston size
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Speedo
Ordered a 914-6 rebuild kit from Pelican and when I was ready to install the dust seals, they were too tight, and the sealing rings were too small. Someone accidentally sent me a 914-4 rear caliper rebuild kit by mistake. My calipers are complete except for installing the pistons. Can someone please school me as to what size the pistons are in the rear calipers, and what to order. Are they the same size as A or M 911 calipers? Be easy to just order the rebuild kit for a pair of those. Thanks!
Cairo94507
Give Eric at PMB Performance a call. He will get you dialed in. beerchug.gif
dhuckabay
Just did the front on my 6. Had the same problem with Pelican. Got Centric parts off eBay from oempartstitan. they worked perfect.
altitude411
914-6 as well as 911 M rear piston size 38mm up to '83
914-6 as well as 911 A, M, S front piston size 48mm

914 rear piston size 33mm
914 front piston size 42mm

* agree.gif , call Eric @ PMB http://www.pmbperformance.com/calipers.html
davep
Corrected
914Sixer
Speedo, send me your shipping info. I can send you a set for free.
altitude411
QUOTE(davep @ Oct 26 2020, 11:20 AM) *

QUOTE(altitude411 @ Oct 26 2020, 01:09 PM) *

914 rear piston size 42mm THIS IS THE FRONT

THANKS FOR YELLING... I fixed it. smile.gif
Speedo
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 26 2020, 09:20 AM) *

Speedo, send me your shipping info. I can send you a set for free.

Thanks PM sent.
davep
Sorry, I did not mean to yell, just to make it stand out as a reply, not the original.
altitude411
QUOTE(davep @ Oct 26 2020, 08:54 PM) *

Sorry, I did not mean to yell, just to make it stand out as a reply, not the original.

No worries Dave I was just poke.gif I didn't proof read before posting. thanks for the correction beerchug.gif
Speedo
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Oct 26 2020, 07:03 PM) *

QUOTE(davep @ Oct 26 2020, 08:54 PM) *

No worries Dave I was just poke.gif I didn't proof read before posting. thanks for the correction beerchug.gif

Ok you two, take it outside evilgrin.gif

Going forward if I don't want to do a complete caliper rebuild...what do i order to get the M caliper 38mm rebuild kit with the sealing ring, dust cover and metal retaining clip?
Just an M caliper rebuild kit? PP and SM require a year and model car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.