Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 914Rubber GB-Factory Correct Rear Trunk Torsion Bar Clip Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
OGmikey914
Hello Everyone!

My name is Michael Whitesell, Mark's son whom you all know as Mikey914. I am the original Mikey914 and while unemployed currently due to COVID I am helping my father out with some group buys.

We started the Mikey914 account when my dad purchased me a 75' Zambeezi Green 914 at auction that had suffered an engine fire when I was 15, for us to restore for my first car and a father/son project. While working on the car, we realized that there where a ton of parts not available anymore, or if we could find them, where old and had been sitting for years somewhere on a dusty shelf. With my father's manufacturing connections through some previous day jobs, we realized we can make these and other people most likely need them too! Thus, 914Rubber was born to help produce some of the parts to the 914 community with similar parts problems.

One such part I remember being hard to find was the rear trunk lid torsion bar clip. We Where missing several, and they imperative to proper rear trunk operation. It is extremely annoying when the rear trunk torsion setup isn't correct and the lid just won't stay up. I remember that the only ones we where able to find where used and often covered in paint from the car they where stripped from, so I though, why don't we make these! welder.gif

We are looking to make a kit with the rear torsion bar clamps and all of the install hardware to solve this problem. The kit contains 4 new rear trunk torsion bar clamps, 8 nuts and 8 washers all in factory correct cadmium plating to resist corrosion and hold paint if desired.

Group Buy Special Pricing $19.99 + Shipping For the kit

I attached a couple pictures of the part for reference, but who would be in for a set?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Check out our other group buys and keep an eye out for more to come so you can combine!
76-914
Welcome aboard. Your Dad is a good guy not to mention a life saver for many of us here. beerchug.gif
Montreal914
welcome.png

Glad this father and son project was the foundation of 914Rubber. smilie_pokal.gif

As for these clips, were they cadmium plated or body painted when our cars rolled out of the factory?
Mikey914
It's my understanding that they were cad plated. We plan to provide them in a cad plate that we can get though the architectural side of the business. This will make them easy to paint should you so choose. Same as the hardware that will be part of the "kit"
OGmikey914
We plan to provide them cad plated, see above lol
Mikey914
Just finished working on the drawings with the boy to get these started. Figured it would be at least a learning experience. These should be done this next week and could be combined with the fog light retainer clips and screws. More to come this next week
ri914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 30 2020, 01:23 AM) *

Just finished working on the drawings with the boy to get these started. Figured it would be at least a learning experience. These should be done this next week and could be combined with the fog light retainer clips and screws. More to come this next week

very cool recreation - on a related subject is there an easy way to remove those torsion rods from the trunk? I could not figure out a way that did not involve a few "mousetrap" incidents smile.gif
Mikey914
Actually there is a tool that works really well that McMark made and we will be discounting as part of a GB package (that could include new rollers too)

Michael will be PMi'ing all that respond to the thread here when these are ready.

Also this GB could be combined with the fog light stainless retainer clip and screw to save money on shipping.

https://914rubber.com/rear-trunk-spring-pre...-relieving-tool
Mikey914
These will be ready this next week and can be added to the log light retainer clips and screws.

To be clear
for $19.99
You get all 4 retainers with 8 sets and washers that are plated in the correct finish. The clips are ready for paint if you want to go body color.

To get this kind of pricing we really need to sell a few sets, so who's in?
914e
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 8 2020, 09:40 AM) *

These will be ready this next week and can be added to the log light retainer clips and screws.

To be clear
for $19.99
You get all 4 retainers with 8 sets and washers that are plated in the correct finish. The clips are ready for paint if you want to go body color.

To get this kind of pricing we really need to sell a few sets, so who's in?

I don't need the clips, but I will be picking up that tool my next order. Just in case I ever have to mess those dam torsion bars again. beerchug.gif
OGmikey914
To be more clear the $19.99 kit is all 4 spring retainers and the hardware I revised the title to more accurately describe what all is included
drem914
QUOTE(OGmikey914 @ Nov 9 2020, 01:31 PM) *

To be more clear the $19.99 kit is all 4 spring retainers and the hardware I revised the title to more accurately describe what all is included

@valcooscar weren't you looking for these?
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(drem914 @ Nov 9 2020, 01:48 PM) *

QUOTE(OGmikey914 @ Nov 9 2020, 01:31 PM) *

@valcooscar weren't you looking for these?

Sure was...I found some...thx though beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.