Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another win for the community here : one more on the road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
The Fresno car just drove its first mile under it’s own power in 20+ years. She’s not much to look at but she seems to have it where it counts.

None of this would have happened without your support and shared knowledge and good sellers in the Classified section here.

You all are the best. Thank you.

Click to view attachment
Montreal914
Congratulations smilie_pokal.gif

A good wash and some wax and you have a good driver driving.gif
Tdskip
Thanks - this one seems pretty strong. Bought the engine/transmission from a Dylan on a car he parted and it had good compression and leakdown numbers, seems like a happy motor in use.

She is quite scruffy but hey, I can park her without worry, right? Ha.
mepstein
smilie_pokal.gif
Craigers17
Nice Job! Congrats! 2.0?, Carbs?, more pics?
Cairo94507
Great to see another one back on the road. I agree a wash and polish would do wonders to make it look way better. But getting it on the road is the first priority. beerchug.gif
porsche914rick
driving.gif
bbrock
If my first one looked half as good as that one, I'd have thought my stromberg.gif didn't stink biggrin.gif

Nice work!

BTW.. it does icon8.gif
Tdskip
Thanks, driving it away (with working brakes) was a nice moment.

She is a '74 and now has a 2.0L on Weber's. I am getting new tires put on but will start shaking her down in more thoroughly tomorrow.

Lots of electrical gremlins to address but it is charging the battery at least.
MM1
I bet that was a great feeling - good job . . .enjoy the resurrection!

white914.jpg
infraredcalvin
Nice job! Look forward to seeing this locally!
914_7T3
That’s awesome! Way to go.... driving.gif
Tdskip
Had a chance to drive her more yesterday once the new tires were on and the front brakes are definitely dragging. The hub and wheels were actually quite warm so front brakes need to come off (as expected).

Feels surprisingly good for having been neglected for 20+ years however...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.