Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro driving light install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
L-Jet914
I recently purchased a set of Euro Hella 118 914 driving lights to install on my 74 which are en route. The wires are all stripped with no connectors. Are the factory connectors male or female spade connectors on the light assembly side. Also I believe I will need to add a relay and switch to turn on the lights. What amperage fuse is used for the Euro halogen driving lights?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
since the driving lights go through their own relay the standard 16 amp fuse is perfect. The harness is there on every 914, white with yellow for the positive hot lead, brown for the ground. Factory driving / fog/rear window defrost switches are hard to find, but hella makes an aftermarket in the exact same configuration. Relay just plugs into the empty slot on the fuse block above your left knee

QUOTE(L-Jet914 @ Oct 30 2020, 09:16 PM) *

I recently purchased a set of Euro Hella 118 914 driving lights to install on my 74 which are en route. The wires are all stripped with no connectors. Are the factory connectors male or female spade connectors on the light assembly side. Also I believe I will need to add a relay and switch to turn on the lights. What amperage fuse is used for the Euro halogen driving lights?

L-Jet914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 31 2020, 06:29 AM) *

since the driving lights go through their own relay the standard 16 amp fuse is perfect. The harness is there on every 914, white with yellow for the positive hot lead, brown for the ground. Factory driving / fog/rear window defrost switches are hard to find, but hella makes an aftermarket in the exact same configuration. Relay just plugs into the empty slot on the fuse block above your left knee

QUOTE(L-Jet914 @ Oct 30 2020, 09:16 PM) *

Is the relay the standard 5 pin relay or is it a special relay? Thank you for the support thus far. I will look at the Hella aftermarket switch. Correction: Saw post here on the forum showing standard 5 pin relay for fog lights.
Spoke
Here's the foglight connection for the '74 914 if this helps.
L-Jet914
@spoke I just saw this post. Thank you for the wiring diagram. I am use to reading this type of diagram. I still need to master reading the original track diagrams but they don't have the detailed images for switches etc like the modern wiring diagrams have now. I found the three wires behind the dash. One was black/blue (instead of brown blue), brown (ground as usual), and the gray or white/red. I had to add a spade connector to the ground wire for the switch as it was wrapped up in the original harness.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.