Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical Issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Slam254
Just got my ‘73 2.0 out of the shop. Engine rebuilt and new hoses and fuel lines, brake refresh, etc. idles and runs like a dream smile.gif

*they had to do some electrical work to get the horn and all the lights working*

So now there’s an annoying problem:

The two blinker lights at the top of the tachometer go on (red sold light, not blinking) and an annoying buzzer noise goes on.

When I pull the hazard light knob on the left, the green hazard light comes on and the buzzing stops.

When I signal to turn left and right, the buzzing stops.

The buzzing is driving me slightly crazy.

Anybody ..... ?
JeffBowlsby
What shop would release a car in that condition? Let’s us know so we can avoid them.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I would say you have a short to back feed the relay, this is common. Disconnect one light assembly at a time and see what makes the buzzing stop, that is the miswired assembly. Always remember that any brown wire is a ground wire and must not be attached to a hot lead

QUOTE(Slam254 @ Oct 31 2020, 07:30 AM) *

Just got my ‘73 2.0 out of the shop. Engine rebuilt and new hoses and fuel lines, brake refresh, etc. idles and runs like a dream smile.gif

*they had to do some electrical work to get the horn and all the lights working*

So now there’s an annoying problem:

The two blinker lights at the top of the tachometer go on (red sold light, not blinking) and an annoying buzzer noise goes on.

When I pull the hazard light knob on the left, the green hazard light comes on and the buzzing stops.

When I signal to turn left and right, the buzzing stops.

The buzzing is driving me slightly crazy.

Anybody ..... ?

914_7T3
If I understand correctly, this sounds like a bad relay for the turn signals, flashers and e brake. When the red e-brake light does not flash, the relay will buzz.

It may also be the connections in the relay holder are not making proper contact and needs to be reseated. The relay can be found by lowering the fuse box. These are similar issues to what I experienced on my ‘73.
Slam254
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Oct 31 2020, 11:19 AM) *

If I understand correctly, this sounds like a bad relay for the turn signals, flashers and e brake. When the red e-brake light does not flash, the relay will buzz.

It may also be the connections in the relay holder are not making proper contact and needs to be reseated. The relay can be found by lowering the fuse box. These are similar issues to what I experienced on my ‘73.

Oh shoot. I think I know what the problem is. If the parking break lever isn’t all the way down to the floor when released, the buzzer goes off to tell the driver that the parking break is still “on”. I will take it out this afternoon. But I think that’s what happened. THANK YOU for your comment !!!!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
should not buzz

QUOTE(Slam254 @ Oct 31 2020, 12:09 PM) *

QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Oct 31 2020, 11:19 AM) *

Oh shoot. I think I know what the problem is. If the parking break lever isn’t all the way down to the floor when released, the buzzer goes off to tell the driver that the parking break is still “on”. I will take it out this afternoon. But I think that’s what happened. THANK YOU for your comment !!!!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.