Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are You Using LED Headlight Bulbs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
This is meant to be general information. I had to change out a turn signal bulb on my truck this afternoon. I got the housing out and was suprised to find the metal housings of the fans all corroded up on the LED bulbs. They have only been in there about 6-9 months. Bases are open to the air, so nowhere to trap moisture. This is dry West Texas, not sure what to think.
Spoke
It looks like the fan shroud has reacted to the LED heat sink. The heat sink looks to be copper and the metal of the shroud or its coating is reacting with the copper. The copper looks good and as long as the fan is operating as it should, the LED should be ok. I would check with the manufacturer/supplier about this issue.
73-914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 31 2020, 07:14 PM) *

This is meant to be general information. I had to change out a turn signal bulb on my truck this afternoon. I got the housing out and was suprised to find the metal housings of the fans all corroded up on the LED bulbs. They have only been in there about 6-9 months. Bases are open to the air, so nowhere to trap moisture. This is dry West Texas, not sure what to think.

Where was it made?
914Sixer
Made in China.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.