Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My WCR last minute list
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay I made Red Rocks this year. I still have a few things not finished. So figured I better get on it.
1. Build new center console (This will be my 4th one & hopefully I can get it how I want it this time) Got the main frame together. Putting some carpet on the sides tonight.

2. I pulled the targa top off my 73 Resto & the seals are all original. Made a trip to 914 Rubber yesterday. Got the rear targa seals along with the top window seals. Got those all in today with a little help from my wife. I forget what a PITA those seals can be getting in. Used dish soap to help them slide in. Wasn't until I had my wife guiding & feeding from the top. While I was pulling on the bottom that I got them in. Tried for a while myself but didn't make much progress. Took 5 minutes with her helping.

3. Install 914 Rubber sun Visors I ordered in the group buy. I got those in but they do scrape a bit up top when folding down to up. Issue is I have the mirror that replaces the center post mount. That is just not a perfect setup but so much nicer than gluing the mirror on the windshield. Still happy with the new visors even if the do scrape just a bit.

4. Need to give it a serious wash. Do some touch up work for various chips. Then give it a good wax.

5th. Oil change & just check all fluids in general.

6th. Need to make some carpet changes with my center console.

Anyway kind of a lame post but haven't made one in quite a while. Been driving my 2.0 turbo suby conversion & enjoying it.
PanelBilly
You missed the opportunity to buy some sex lube and explain to the cashier it was for rubber seals you were installing on a car
porschetub
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 1 2020, 01:55 PM) *

You missed the opportunity to buy some sex lube and explain to the cashier it was for rubber seals you were installing on a car

Funny smilie_pokal.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
steuspeed
Please post photos of console completed.
JRust
Almost done with Center Console. Need to add just a bit more carpet. Will re-wrap in Leather if this is the one I am going to stick with. Cheap black carpet for now. I love my Zero Decibals shifter. Just looks bad ass showing so I am not covering it at all. I'll post one in the car tomorrow. Need just a couple pieces of hardware to install. The stock arm pad will sit on the open side below the gear shift.
Gint
I have new side window seals. Tried to install with no lube from the bottom up. happy11.gif That didn't work. Only got it 3/4 of the way up. I can't find the glycerin I bought a long time ago, so I stopped until I have the right stuff.

Looking forward to seeing the new console. popcorn[1].gif
TC 914-8
Looks bad ass Jaime!!! You’re a busy man sawzall-smiley.gif driving.gif
rhodyguy
Mike, last time for glycerin I found good sized containers at Rite-aid.
JRust
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 1 2020, 04:49 AM) *

I have new side window seals. Tried to install with no lube from the bottom up. happy11.gif That didn't work. Only got it 3/4 of the way up. I can't find the glycerin I bought a long time ago, so I stopped until I have the right stuff.

Looking forward to seeing the new console. popcorn[1].gif

Nice thing with these seals having extra you have to cut off. My method was straight dish soap on the track. Then put the top vertical so I can pull down on the seal. Which I do with channel locks as there is plenty of seal even if I bugger the end. With my wife feeding from the top & me pulling from the bottom. Just made it so much easier. Once it is moving this was it is much easier to just keep it going. When your doing it be yourself with it laying down. It is so much harder. I wasted a fair amount of time before I had my wife come help without much progress. I got it maybe 1/3rd of the way in dry.gif
JRust
Finished my center console. Not sure this is my final one. Tested it out & it is close to where I want it to be. I'll test it out a while. I have storage under the shift cables. They just come up through the middle area. Plus plenty of storage under the shifter itself.
Coondog
Easy list for me
Buy 2 quarts 20-50 Quaker State
Buy ear plugs
Buy 24mm socket plus ratchet. For my emergency fan belt replacement kit
Wash car

914-300Hemi
I changed the oil last weekend and washed & waxed it today. Next items are to clean the inside, check tire pressure and get gas.

Costa05
Like where you are going with the shifter. Enjoy WCR!
JRust
QUOTE(Costa05 @ Nov 1 2020, 06:41 PM) *

Like where you are going with the shifter. Enjoy WCR!

I've got a open passenger seat if you want to join for the weekend biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
I pulled the wheels and checked all of the basic suspension bolts and brake lines -all good. Then I cleaned the MB911 muffler so it looks really nice again. Wiped down the whole underside. Pulled the steering rack inspection cover to re-set the master cylinder switch after replacing the r/f hard line from the soft line to the caliper (had a small drip), check the oil, vacuum the car, load the "detail bag" and check the tool bag. All that's left this week is to wipe her down and put a coat of wax on her. driving.gif
Chris H.
Looks great Jamie! So how does the Zero Decibel compare to the MR2? Smoother shifting? More precise? It definitely looks cool and a lot sturdier.
JRust
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Nov 2 2020, 06:38 AM) *

Looks great Jamie! So how does the Zero Decibel compare to the MR2? Smoother shifting? More precise? It definitely looks cool and a lot sturdier.

I'd say it is a little smoother but it is negligible. Probably not enough to justify the expense if you already have the mr2. It is definitely easier to mount & cleaner. I do love the look of it although I put my right cable on the wrong side of my shifter. Cable should be sitting on the left side of the tab not the right.

How do you like the placement of my AFR gauge? With that big opening in the middle. Figured why not just stick it there.
76-914
:looks great Jamie! poke.gif Although I'd've thought you'd have placed some cutouts in that for the Cherry Colas. beerchug.gif
steuspeed
Looks like the Terminator ar15.gif
Chris H.
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 2 2020, 10:32 AM) *

How do you like the placement of my AFR gauge? With that big opening in the middle. Figured why not just stick it there.

Yeah that's perfect!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.