Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The hardest thing to do before WCR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wes
But after all my measurements and worries it’s perfect. No way I’m gonna get paint on before WCR. I used a speendy $$ carbon hole cutter most likely never have another reason for the Big $$ carbon hole cuter!Click to view attachment
AZBanks
Looks Great!
mepstein
Looks good.
914rubber is selling carbon fiber hoods so I’m sure you could sell your hole cutter. It might end up serving a few people down the line.
tygaboy
Wes - I know how scary those "you get only one chance" moments are. Way to crank up the nerves of steel (or carbon! laugh.gif ) Great work! I can't wait to see your car and check out that hood...
jim_hoyland
Nice Wes ! smile.gif
FL000
Looks pretty darn perfect from the picture. Did you need to do anything to finish the area where the cut was made?
Mueller
Looks like a Pro job to me, you might offer a hood hole cutting service now.
wes
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 1 2020, 11:19 AM) *

Looks like a Pro job to me, you might offer a hood hole cutting service now.

I’d go broke doing that for $$ and likely end up with a mental problem. After putting this project off over and over measuring and double measuring, also making a mark with chalk from the gas cap carefully lowering the hood making sure it was going to be in the right spot. Next drilling the hole (as I prayed) with a small drill bit and then larger drill. The actual hole was cut forever slowly by hand with the hole cuter to be sure of not f-king up. The high point was after drilling and seeing it was spot on!
Andyrew
Looks great!! What cutter did you use?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.